Planning Committee - 10 December 2020
Virtual meeting with remote access10th December 2020
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a virtual/remote meeting to be held on Thursday 10 December 2020 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Lloyd (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
1 December 2020
“The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 enable Council/Committee meetings to be held in a virtual format and enables remote attendance.
The meeting will start at 7.30pm and will be virtual/remote, in that they will be conducted at no specific location and all participants are at various locations, communicating via audio and online.
The Council welcomes contributions from Members of the public to its discussion on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Committee. Details of the procedure are provided below:
Members of the public wishing to speak will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the remote meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (1 for and 1 against) will be sent a link so that they can join the meeting to exercise that right. This will also allow the Committee Team to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the remote meeting to forward to the Chair of the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part 1 business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council's meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
Please note that the meeting is being held virtually. The business of the meeting will be live streamed at –
The Planning Committee virtual meeting protocol can be viewed below:
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 12 November 2020.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 20/1037/FUL & 20/1773/LBC - Installation of rising bollards and associated works, including control box and fencing, at two locations on estate road at MOOR PARK GOLF CLUB, BATCHWORTH HEATH, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1QN
6. 20/1349/FUL - Erection of six units within a single two storey flatted block (three 2-bed & three 1-bed), with associated parking, access, alterations to land levels and landscaping at LAND REAR OF CLOVERS COURT, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE
7. 20/1835/FUL - Conversion and two storey rear extension to upper parts, with balconies and conversion of outbuilding to form three self-contained residential units at 137 HIGH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1AR
8. 20/1870/FUL - Installation of a circular cycle path around the perimeter of the recreation ground at THE SWILLETT RECREATION GROUND, HERSONSGATE ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD
9. 20/1881/FUL - Demolition of existing buildings for residential development comprising two-storey houses and three-storey blocks of flats (160 dwellings in total), together with car parking, landscaping, and other associated works at KILLINGDOWN FARM, LITTLE GREEN LANE, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3JJ
10. 20/2036/LBC - Listed Building Consent: Various repair works to property including brick repairs, window moulds, cap, reinstatement of external walkway and garage repairs at THE WINDMILL, 34 WINDMILL DRIVE, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3FD
11. 20/2046/FUL & 20/2047/LBC - Alterations to existing two storey side extension, erection of single storey extensions including glazed link, reinstatement of external elevated walkway and change to the roof form on The Windmill and the demolition of existing outbuildings and construction of new outbuilding and patio areas at THE WINDMILL, 34 WINDMILL DRIVE, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3FD
12. 20/2130/FUL - Demolition of the existing dwelling and erection of a replacement dwelling with associated hard and soft landscaping, and erection of new entrance gate and boundary wall at THE FOUR WINDS, LONDON ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1JT
13. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
14. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version, August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at