Report a missed bin collection
You can report a missed bin collection within 48 hours of the collection being missed.
You can only report a missed collection if the collection for your road has been completed. If a collection is not showing as completed, it means our bin collection crews have not finished their round yet.
Before attempting to report a missed collection, you should make sure:
- your bins were placed at the edge of your property at 6am on the day of your collection
- your bins were not overfilled
- each of your bins contained the right items
If none of the above applies and we have missed your bin collection, we will return within 48 hours to collect it.
Despite our crews best efforts, sometimes they are unable to empty your bins as the contents are frozen. On these occasions we are unable to return until the next scheduled collection. We understand you’ll be frustrated by this but can assure you there is nothing more the crew could have done to try and empty the bin.
During the cold weather you can take a few simple measures to reduce the risk of your bin becoming frozen:
- If you have a lot of garden waste, do not compress it into your bin
- Fill your bin as close to the time of collection as possible
- Loosen the contents by sliding a spade or similar item between the contents and the inside of the bin
- Store your bin in a warmer spot, for example, in a shed or garage, or beside your house. Please remember to place it on the boundary by 6am on collection day.