Japanese knotweed

Information and advice on Japanese knotweed

Japanese knotweed is an invasive plant species that can cause ecological harm and damage to housing.

We will take action to control the spread and safely dispose of Japanese knotweed growing on council-owned land.

If you are concerned about Japanese knotweed, you can report it online. We will identify the landowner and advise them of their responsibilities.

If you have Japanese knotweed growing on land you own, it is your responsibility to stop it from spreading outside your land. If you do not control its spread beyond your property, you may face enforcement action.

You can find out further information on Japanese knotweed from the Environment Agency.

Report Japanese knotweed