Dropped kerbs and driveways

Apply to lower the kerb outside your property

Dropped kerbs on public roads and highways

Dropped kerbs, also called vehicle crossovers, can be built across a pavement to allow vehicle access from a public road or highway. To apply to lower the kerb outside your property, contact Hertfordshire County Council.

Dropped kerbs on council-owned land

If you want to build a vehicle crossover to provide access to your property from council-owned land, first read the vehicle crossover guidelines (docx, 2.2 MB).

Download a vehicle crossover application form (docx) and send your completed application to enquiries@threerivers.gov.uk. You will need to pay a non-refundable fee of £322.80.


You may need planning permission if you want to build a driveway or install hardstanding on your property.

To find out whether planning permission is required for your driveway, contact our Development Management Team at enquireplan@threerivers.gov.uk.