Have your say on amended parking plans in Watford Road
Residents and businesses will have another chance to have a say on plans designed to ease parking concerns in and around the Watford Road retail centre in Croxley Green.
Following feedback from residents and local businesses, Three Rivers District Council has launched a final consultation on proposals to introduce short stay on street pay and display parking on Watford Road near local businesses and surrounding roads with further proposals for amendments to the existing Controlled Parking Zone following a review of the scheme which went live in March 2021.
The council undertook an initial consultation earlier this year on introducing new pay and display parking measures after a direct petition was received from local businesses requesting increased flexibility and longer-term parking around the Watford Road businesses.
Amendments have been made to the original proposals, which include:
- · Dorrofield Road – Introduction of double-yellow Lines.
- · Frankland Road, Hazelwood Road, Watford Road, Winton Drive – Introduction of pay and display Parking Places.
- · Hazelwood Road – Extending the double yellow lines.
- · Watford Road, Winton Drive – Introduction of limited waiting parking places.
- · Watford Road – Removal of permit parking bays and replace with single yellow line, introduction of double yellow lines.
Cllr Paul Rainbow, Lead Member for Transport, said: “Following helpful feedback, we have tweaked the proposed changes slightly to meet peoples’ concerns.
“Local businesses and residents must have excellent parking arrangements and we will endeavour to continue to listen and respond to clear calls for easier and available parking bays to enhance the visitor experience and attractiveness of the retail centre.
“Make sure you have your say on the plans. Residents and local businesses have until Friday, 8 September 2023, to comment on these amended proposals.”