Planning Committee - 28 June 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 28 June 2018 at 7pm (please note new start time).
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
19 June 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 24 May 2018.18-05-24-pc-mins-final-draft
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 16) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 18/0320/FUL Partial demolition of existing dwelling and construction of two storey rear extension and single storey rear extension; subdivision of site and construction of one new five bedroom detached dwelling with basement level and detached double garage and extension to existing hardstanding at RED HOUSE, DOG KENNEL LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5EL
6. 18/0322/FUL - Demolition of existing garages and construction of three linked two storey buildings consisting of a total of 6 flats for temporary accommodation with associated car parking and landscaping at GARAGES BETWEEN 83 AND 89 THE QUEENS DRIVE, MILL END WD3 8LS for Three Rivers District Council18-06-28-pc-i-06-18-0322-ful-garages-at-the-queens-drive-mill-end
7. 18/0447/FUL – Demolition of existing side projections and construction of two storey side and rear extensions; creation of basement; roof alterations including insertion of rear dormer to create second floor accommodation; and internal alterations at 5 BEDFORD ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2BA for Mr and Mrs Patel.
8. 18/0485/FUL - Part-single, part two-storey front and side extension and single storey rear extension at 10 HORWOOD CLOSE, MILL END, WD3 8RS, for Mr and Mrs Melville
9. 18/0620/FUL - Removal of outbuilding and erection of single storey side and rear extension at 87 GALLOWS HILL LANE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0DD, for Mr and Mrs Fantom18-06-28-pc-i-09-18-0620-ful-87-gallows-hill-lane-abbots-langley
10. 18/0690/FUL - Two storey side extension and front porch at 49 BALMORAL ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0ST for Mr Chad Greatorex18-06-28-pc-i-10-18-0690-ful-49-balmoral-road-abbots-langley
11. 18/0748/FUL – Proposed porch, single storey side extension for garage, single storey rear extension, conversion of garage to Elderly persons living accommodation with DA Capability and alterations to materials at 4 EASTGLADE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LD for Mrs D Prebble18-06-28-pc-i-11-18-0748-ful-4-eastglade-northwood
12. 18/0756/FUL - Proposed new pool house outbuilding in lieu of existing outbuildings at 8 SEABROOK ROAD, KINGS LANGLEY, WD4 8NU, for Mr Lambert18-06-28-pc-i-12-18-0756-ful-seabrook-road-kings-langley
13. 18/0854/FUL - Single storey side extension and alterations to front garden to form new parking arrangement at 67 ROYCE GROVE, LEAVESDEN, WD25 7GB for Mr & Mrs Graham18-06-28-pc-i-13-18-0854-ful-67-royce-grove-leavesden
14. 18/0862/FUL- Demolition of existing single storey rear extensions, construction of two storey rear extension, single storey front extension, loft conversion including extension to roof, insertion of dormers to front, insertion and rooflights and conversion of garage to habitable space at 23 Wyatts Close Chorleywood WD3 5TF
15. 18/0904/FUL - Provision of two air conditioning condenser units and two extract grilles at UNIT 15, BLOCK W, STATION APPROACH, SOUTH OXHEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, for Mrs Sara Humphries18-06-28-pc-i-15-18-0904-ful-unit-15-block-w-station-approach-south-oxhey
16. 18/0942/ADV – Advertisement Consent: Installation of internally illuminated hanging signs at SOUTH OXHEY INITIATIVE, STATION APPROACH, SOUTH OXHEY, HERTFORDSHIRE for Countryside Properties PLC18-06-28-pc-i-16-18-0942-adv-station-approach-south-oxhey
17. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
18. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015