Planning Committee - 19 October 2017
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 19 October 2017 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Councillors:- Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman) Sarah Nelmes (Vice-Chairman)
Phil Brading David Major
Marilyn Butler Debbie Morris
Alex Hayward Chris Lloyd
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
10 October 2017
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 14 September 2017.17-09-14-pc-draft-mins
- NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 16) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
- 17/0911/FUL – Single storey and two storey front and side extensions, conversion of garage to habitable accommodation and loft conversion including increase in ridge height and rear dormer at 23 PARKFIELD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5AZ FOR Mr H Rupasinghe
- 17/1277/FUL – Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of five dwellings with associated alterations to access, parking and landscaping at AMBLEDOWN, CHORLEYWOOD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4ES for Mr Shaw
- 17/1364/FUL – Conversion of Hayloft from a mixed use of residential and commercial to independent residential dwelling with associated parking and curtilage at THE HAYLOFT, BULLSLAND FARM, BULLSLAND LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5BG for Mr S Hayes
17/1365/LBC – Listed Building Consent: Conversion of Hayloft from a mixed use of residential and commercial to independent residential dwelling with associated parking and curtilage at THE HAYLOFT, BULLSLAND FARM, BULLSLAND LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5BG for Mr S Hayes17-10-19-pc-i-07-17-1364-ful-bullsland-farm-chorleywood
- 17/1436/AOD – Approval of Details: Details pursuant to Condition 18 of hybrid planning permission 16/0005/FUL comprising layout, scale, appearance and landscaping for Phase 2 at LAND AT SOUTH OXHEY CENTRAL for Countryside Properties PLC
- 17/1519/FUL - Single storey side and rear extension to ground floor A5 (Hot Food Takeaway unit); and two storey side and rear extension to existing maisonette and subdivision to create two 2 bedroom flats at 309 BALDWINS LANE, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 3LE for Mr H Kyriakou
- 17/1589/FUL – Change of use to residential curtilage and erection of 2m high boundary treatment at 37 LEMONIELD DRIVE, GARSTON, WD25 9TP for Mr & Mrs Young
- 17/1717/FUL - Change of use of ground floor from retail (Use Class A1) to restaurant and hot food takeaway (Use Classes A3/A5) with installation of extractor duct and external stair to rear at 8 MONEYHILL PARADE, UXBRIDGE ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 7BE Mr Eric Louis Barnaby
- 17/1743/FUL – Construction of single storey education building and landscaping works to County Park including creation of a heritage trail with sculptures, remembrance garden and works to boundary treatment including installation of brick pier and railings along College Road at LEAVESDEN COUNTRY PARK, COLLEGE ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, for Simon Green
- 17/1750/FUL – Erection of detached two storey building with lower ground floor level to provide two flats including alterations to existing building and associated parking and amenity space provision at 2A BERKS HILL, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5AQ for Mr Alex Minashi
- 17/1756/FUL – Subdivision of the site, demolition of existing detached garage and construction of detached dwelling and replacement garage at OLD MEADOWS, DOG KENNEL LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5EL for Mr and Mrs Gareth and Pauline Hunt
- 17/1787/FUL – Erection of two detached chalet bungalows including alterations to land levels and alterations to existing parking area serving numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 Clovers Court at LAND AT THE REAR OF CLOVERS COURT, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5FD for Velux Homes
- 17/1836/FUL – First floor and two storey rear extensions, two storey front gable projection, extension to roof and alterations to front elevation and fenestration at 29 BEDFORD ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2AY for Mr Ramachandran
- OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
- OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015