Planning Committee - 16 November 2017
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 16 November 2017 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Councillors:- Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman) Sarah Nelmes (Vice-Chairman)
Phil Brading David Major
Marilyn Butler Debbie Morris
Peter Getkahn Chris Lloyd
Alex Hayward Reena Ranger
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
7 November 2017
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 19 October 2017.17-10-19-pc-draft-mins
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
has an open mind about the application
is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 6 - 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports:
5. CONSIDERATION OF TREE WORKS APPLICATION 17/1819/TPO, TREES PROTECTED BY THREE RIVERS (HOMEFIELD ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD) TREE PRESERVATION ORDER 2012
To consider the tree works application 17/1819/TPO for works to manage the hedgerow at Homefield Road, Chorleywood.-05-17-11-16-pc-i-tpo-homefield-road-chorleywood-05-17-11-16-pc-i-tpo761-plan
6. 17/1750/FUL – Erection of detached two storey building with lower ground floor level to provide two flats including alterations to existing building and associated parking and amenity space provision at 2A BERKS HILL, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5AQ for Mr Alex Minashi-06-17-11-16-pc-i-17-1750-ful-2a-berks-hill-chorleywood
7. 17/1756/FUL – Subdivision of the site, demolition of existing detached garage and construction of detached dwelling and replacement garage at OLD MEADOWS, DOG KENNEL LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 5EL-07-17-11-16-pc-i-17-1756-ful-old-meadows-chorleywood
8. 17/1787/FUL – Erection of two detached chalet bungalows including alterations to land levels and alterations to existing parking area serving numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 Clovers Court AT LAND AT THE REAR OF CLOVERS COURT, CHORLEYWOOD, HERFORDSHIRE, for Ms Emma Fitzgibbon-08-17-11-16-pc-i-17-1787-ful-land-at-the-rear-of-clovers-court
9. 17/1813/FUL – Demolition of dwelling and erection of two detached dwellings with associated parking and landscaping at SARACENS COTTAGE, 107 QUICKLEY LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5PG, for Mr M Brown-09-17-11-16-pc-i-17-1813-ful-saracens-cottage-quickley-lane-chorleywood
10. 17/1825/FUL – Demolition of existing dwelling and builders yard buildings and redevelopment of the site with four detached dwellings and associated gardens and car parking with access to the dwellings via existing entrance to the site from Toms Lane at THREE ACRES, TOMS LANE, KINGS LANGLEY, WD4 8NA-10-17-11-16-pc-i-17-1825-ful-three-acres-toms-lane-kings-langley
11. 17/1870/FUL – Variation of conditions 2 (Approved Plans) and 5 (Phasing) of planning permission 15/1650/FUL to amend phasing at THE BOATHOUSE BURY LAKE, THE AQUADROME, FROGMOOR LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, for Bury Lake Young Mariners-11-17-11-16-pc-i-17-1870-ful-the-aquadrome-rickmansworth
12. 17/2035/FUL – First floor side, front and rear extension at 66 HILL RISE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 7NX for Mr L. Thirkette-12-17-11-16-pc-i-17-2035-ful-hill-rise-rickmansworth
13. 17/2141/FUL – Part single, part two storey front, side and rear extensions with enclosed first floor terrace to rear at 81 HIGHFIELD WAY, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 7PN, for Mr & Mrs S Israni-13-17-11-16-pc-i-17-2141-ful-81-highfield-way-rickmansworth
14. 17/2160/FUL – Single storey rear extension at 1 GATE COTTAGES, OLD COMMON ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5LW for Mr Jeremy Worrall-14-17-11-16-pc-i-17-2160-ful-1-gate-cottages-old-common-road-chorleywood
15. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
16. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda):
Application file(s) referenced above
Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
The Localism Act (November 2011)
The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015