Planning Committee - 21 October 2021
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House21st October 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 21 October 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
12 October 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Details on the procedure for speaking and attending meetings are available from the Committee Team by emailing the Team at: email@example.com
All speakers can register their wish to speak from 7pm on the night of the meeting.
Please note that natural ventilation will be used throughout this meeting and you may wish to dress appropriately if attending.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 23 September 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 15) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 20/2659/RSP – Retrospective: Change of use for open storage of builder's machinery, equipment and material at MAPLE LODGE, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTS, WD3 9XD
6. 20/2774/RSP – Retrospective: Change of use of the site for vehicle hire along with the processing of construction waste materials aggregates and soil at MAPLE LODGE, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTS, WD3 9XD
7. 21/0424/RSP – Retrospective: Change of use of hanger for the maintenance and repair of lorries at MAPLE LODGE, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTS, WD3 9XD
8. 21/0573/FUL - Comprehensive redevelopment to provide 2 no. warehouse Class E(giii)/B2/B8 units comprising a total of 16,115 sqm including 1,882 sqm ancillary E(gi) office space, access, landscaping and associated works, at DEVELOPMENT SITE. MAPLE LODGE, MAPLE LODGE CLOSE, MAPLE CROSS, HERTFORDSHIRE
9. 21/1081/FUL - Construction of new entrance gates and boundary wall to the front and fencing to the flank boundaries at DOVETAIL COTTAGE, 21 CHESTNUT AVENUE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4HA
10. 21/1139/FUL - Removal of Condition 11 (Agricultural Occupation) of planning permission 17/2169/FUL at THE MULBERRY BUSH, FARM DAWES LANE, SARRATT, WD3 6BQ
11. 21/1271/OUT - Outline Application: Development of up to 70 residential dwellings (Use Class C3) with new access from Gosforth Lane (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale reserved) at FORMER LITTLE FURZE JUNIOR MIXED INFANTS SCHOOL, GOSFORTH LANE, SOUTH OXHEY, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 7RE
12. 21/1542/FUL – Single storey front infill extension, roof extension including hip to gable alterations, insertion of front dormer and rooflights, insertion of rear dormer and insertion of first floor flank windows at WOOD VIEW, 11 GREENBURY CLOSE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5QT
13. 21/1618/FUL: Change of use from golf course land to residential gardens and erection of open metal fencing at Land at MOOR PARK GOLF COURSE, BATCHWORTH HEATH, MOOR PARK, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1QN
14. 21/1742/RSP – Retrospective: Installation of an external electric roller-shutter at 4 ODEON PARADE, HIGH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1EE
15. 21/1745/FUL - Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of 4no. detached two-storey dwellings with roof and basement level accommodation, detached garages, formation of new access drive, alterations to existing access, landscaping works and other ancillary works at GLENWOOD, CHORLEYWOOD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4ER
16. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
17. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org