Annual Council - 25 May 2021
Watersmeet Theatre25th May 2021
ANNUAL COUNCIL MEETNG
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Council Meeting on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at 7.30pm to be held in the Auditorium, Watersmeet Theatre, High Street, Rickmansworth for the purpose of transacting the under mentioned business:-
Council to be asked to observe a one minute silence following the sad death of past Three Rivers District Councillor Paul Goggins
Update: Owing to the need to make Covid/Health and Safety preparations for tonight's meeting we are not able to accept registrations to observe tonight's meeting after 2pm today. We are restricted on the number of people that can attend the meeting in person. To secure one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team in advance on CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
1. ELECTION OF CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL
To elect the Chair of the Council for the Local Government Year 2021/2022 in accordance with the procedure agreed by Council on 8 March 1998 (Minute 229/88) and 19 April 1988 (Minute No 398/88) and on the points scheme.
To receive the nomination for the Chair of Council.
2. CHAIR ELECT
The Chair Elect to make the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and to acknowledge the honour conferred.
NEW CHAIR OF COUNCIL TO TAKE THE SEAT AS CHAIR
3. APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL
To elect the Vice-Chair of the Council for the Local Government Year 2021/2022.
4. VICE-CHAIR ELECT
The Vice-Chair Elect to make the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and to acknowledge the honour conferred
5. PRESENTATION OF SCROLL OF OFFICE TO PAST CHAIR OF COUNCIL 2019/2020
6. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
7. ELECTION RETURN
The Returning Officer to report the results of the District Council Elections held in the District on 6 May 2021 and to confirm that all Councillors have signed the Declaration of Office.
8. THREE RIVERS DISTRICT COUNCIL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT 2021/22
9. CHORLEYWOOD NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The purpose of this report is following a positive referendum result to enable Full Council to ‘make’ the Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (CWNDP) part of the Development Plan for Three Rivers District Council in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
10. RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE 8 March 2021
Council are asked to approve the following recommendations:
Minute PR94/20 - ADOPTION OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION MODEL COUNCILLOR CODE OF CONDUCT 2020
- That the Council adopts the Local Government Association Model Councillor Code of Conduct 2020 with effect from the Annual meeting in May 2021.
- Agree that the limit for registering gifts and hospitality remain unchanged at £25.
- That all Members have attended one of the 3 training sessions on the model LGA Councillor Code which is essential training for all Members prior to adoption of the code.
- That additional training be arranged after the 2021 elections on the model Councillor Code for any new Councillors and that they be required to attend.
Background Papers report to Policy and Resources Committe - 8 March 2021
Minute PR96/20 - CLIMATE EMERGENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGY 2021-2026
That the Climate Emergency and Sustainability Strategy be agreed for adoption.
Minute PR98/20 - CORPORATE PLAN AND FINAL SERVICE PLANS 2021-2024
That the current Corporate Framework Action Plan and objectives for the next two years with the amendments at Appendix 1 be agreed.
Background Papers - report to Policy and Resources Committee - 8 March 2021
To agree the Service Plans for 2021-2024 as follows:
Revenue and Benefits
Economic and Sustainable Development
Minute PR99/20 - BUDGET MONITORING – MONTH 10 (January)
That the revenue and capital budget variations as shown in the table at paragraph 6.1 of the report (provided below) be approved and incorporated into the three-year medium-term financial plan.
Revenue - (Favourable)/ Unfavourable
Capital - Increase / (Decrease)
Background Papers from Policy and Resources Committee - 8 March 2021
Minute PR103/20 - LOCAL PLAN SUB COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Recommends to Council the Local Plan Regulation 18: Part 1: Preferred Policy Options document as set out in Appendix 1 for public consultation in accordance with the regulations and the Local Development Scheme
- Recommends to Council the Local Plan Regulation 18: Part 2: Sites for Potential Allocation document as set out in Appendices 2 - 8 for public consultation in accordance with the regulations and the Local Development Scheme
- That delegated authority be granted to the Head of Planning Policy & Projects and the Director of Community and Environmental Services in consultation with the Lead Member for the Local Plan to make any minor changes that are required before the documents are published for consultation and before being published for Council to include checks on the overall totals to ensure there is no double counting
(Appendices 8 referred to above are numbered as 6a-p in the documents below)
Amendment to Recommendation
Members should refer to the note circulated with this summons (provided below) indicating the proposed amendment to the recommendations of the Policy and Resources Committee dated 8 March 2021
Background information Report for Policy and Resources Committee - 8 March 2021
11. RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE SERVICE COMMITTEES
To receive the recommendations from the Leisure, Environment and Community Committee held on 10 March 2021
LEC 53/20 SERVICE PLANNING 2021/24
To agree the final service plans for 2021/2024 as follows:
Leisure and Landscape Service Plan
Community Partnerships Service Plan
Environmental Protection Service Plan
To receive the recommendations from the Infrastructure, Housing and Economic Development Committee held on 16 March 2021
IHED 50/20 SERVICE PLANNING 2021/2024
To agree the final service plans for 2021/2024 as follows:
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 23 February 2021 and the Minutes of the Extraordinary meeting of Council held on 17 March 2021.
13. CHAIR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
For items 14 to 31 please refer to the attached spreadsheet for information
14. APPOINTMENT OF THE LEADER OF THE COUNCIL
15. APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY LEADER OF THE COUNCIL
16. LEAD MEMBER ROLE AMENDMENTS
To agree that the remit for the Lead Member for Environmental Services and Sustainability be amended to Lead Member for Environmental Services, Climate Change and Sustainability and that Article 7 of the Council Constitution be amended accordingly.
17. AMENDMENT TO COUNCIL CONSTITUTION UNDER ARTICLE 6 PARAGRAPH 6.03 (ii)
To delete existing Paragraph 6.03 (ii) of Article 6 and substitute with: The Leader of the Council shall Chair this Committee. The Lead Member for Infrastructure and Planning Policy shall be the Lead Member for the Local Plan. All the Lead Members designated as such by Council are de facto Members of this Committee.
18. APPOINTMENT OF LEAD MEMBERS
To appoint the Lead Members for:
Resources and Shared Services (Policy and Resources)
Transport and Economic Development (Infrastructure, Housing and Economic Development)
Infrastructure and Planning Policy (Infrastructure, Housing and Economic Development)
Housing (Infrastructure, Housing and Economic Development)
Leisure (Leisure, Environment and Community)
Environmental Services, Climate Change and Sustainability (Leisure, Environment and Community)
Community Safety and Partnerships (Leisure, Environment and Community)
The Chair of the two Service Committees will be split between the three Lead Members who will be preside at two meetings of the Service Committees each year with the other two acting as his/her Vice-Chair when not in the Chair.
In accordance with the Council Constitution these Members are appointed to the Policy and Resources Committee (see item 19a)
19. APPOINTMENT OF POLICY AND RESOURCES, PLANNING, REGULATORY SERVICES, LICENSING, INFRASTRUCTURE, HOUSING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, LEISURE, ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITY, AUDIT AND COUNCIL TAX SETTING COMMITTEES
19a To appoint to the Policy and Resources Committee
To appoint Members to serve on the Policy and Resources Committee in accordance with the Council Constitution to include the Leader of the Council and the 7 Lead Members as appointed in Item 14 above.
19b To appoint Members to the Planning, Regulatory Services, Licensing, Infrastructure, Housing and Economic Development, Leisure, Environment and Community, Audit and Council Tax Setting Committees
19c To appoint substitute Members
Report for Item 19/19a/19b/19c
20. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRS AND VICE-CHAIRS
In accordance with Procedure Rule 29, to appoint the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Planning, Regulatory Services, Licensing, Audit and Council Tax Setting Committees.
21. STANDARDS REGIME
a) Members’ Panel to deal with Code of Conduct Complaints
To reconstitute this Panel to deal with Code of Conduct Complaints against District and Parish Councillors under the stages agreed at the Executive Committee on 2 April 2012 (Minute EX104/11). This Panel will also consider any necessary report by Investigatory and Disciplinary Committee. See item 23 below.
The Panel will consist of Group Leaders (or their nominees).
22. APPOINTMENTS COMMITTEE
To establish the Appointments Committee with terms of reference as set out in Part 3 of the Constitution and appoint 7 Members to serve thereon. The Committee is subject to the Rules governing proportionality.
23. APPEALS COMMITTEE
To establish an Appeals Committee to hear any necessary Appeals in relation to Senior Staff Members should a dispute arise under the Terms of a JNC contract. To appoint 5 Members to serve thereon. The Committee is subject to the Rules governing proportionality.
24. INVESTIGATORY AND DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE
To establish an Investigatory and Disciplinary Committee to consider any report or complaint in relation to Senior Staff Members appointed under the terms of a JNC contract. To appoint 5 Members to serve thereon. The Committee is subject to the Rules governing proportionality.
25. APPOINTMENT OF OTHER COUNCIL BODIES
To reconstitute other Council bodies referred to in report provided below.
26. APPOINTMENT OF THE CHAIRS AND VICE-CHAIRS FOR EACH OF THE LOCAL AREA FORUMS
27. APPOINTMENTS TO OUTSIDE BODIES
28. PENSIONERS CHAMPION
29. YOUNG PERSONS’ CHAMPION
30. MEMBER TRAINING CHAMPION
31. INDEPENDENT PANEL ON MEMBERS’ ALLOWANCES
To reconstitute the above Panel to review Members’ allowances. By statute, all appointments must be external to the Council. It is recommended that the Chief Executive makes the appointments.
17 May 2021
Note: Update: Owing to the need to make Covid/Health and Safety preparations for tonight's meeting we are not able to accept registrations to observe tonight's meeting after 2pm today. We are restricted on the number of people that can attend the meeting in person. To secure one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team in advance on CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
The Annual Council meeting will not be livestreamed/broadcast.
A recording of the meeting can be accessed via this link https://youtu.be/qqH9-cAbPqg.
General Enquiries: CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk