Temporary use notices

Temporary use notices

These notices allow the use of premises for gambling, where there is no premises licence, but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling.

A temporary use notice may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence.

The same premises cannot be subject to a TUN for more than 21 days in any 12 month period, but may be the subject of several notices provided that the total does not exceed 21 days.

A notice may not be given in respect of a vehicle.

A temporary use notice must be lodged with the Council not less than 3 months and 1 day before the day on which the gambling event will begin.

Within 7 days of the date of the notice, it must be copied to the:

The Council and the above Responsible Authorities are permitted to make objections in relation to a temporary use notice. Objections must be made within 14 days of the date of the notice, a hearing will then be held to determine the notice.

If no objections are received, the event can proceed as applied for. A copy of the notice must then be displayed on the premises for the duration of the event.