Creative arts for people with a disability
We’ve listed local and national providers of creative arts opportunities for people with a disability.
- Para Dance UK is the national governing body for Para Dance Sport in the UK whose aim is to develop and promote dance as a sport and an inclusive leisure activity across the country for those who would otherwise be excluded. They also offer courses for people who want to set up their own inclusive dance groups. paradance.org.uk.
- Electric Umbrella is a local charity providing inclusive music, singing and acting for children aged 11+ and adults. electricumbrella.co.uk.
- Herts Inclusive Theatre offers a vibrant programme of theatre activities, creative projects and exciting performance opportunities for children young people and adults. hit-theatre.org.uk.
- The Inclusion Project promotes a healthy, social and active lifestyle for adults with Learning Disabilities. inclusionproject.co.uk.
- DRUM (Disability Recreation Unity Movement) is a charity and a user led group based in North Watford, providing activities, services and support to adults with physical and/or sensory disabilities living in South West Hertfordshire. drum.chessck.co.uk.
- BEEE Creative is a small arts charity working across Hertfordshire to provide opportunities for people to access and enjoy the benefits of dance. beee-creative-co.uk.
- The Funky Pie Company is the SEND inclusion team at Hertfordshire Music Service. Together with our partners, we offer fantastic creative opportunities across Hertfordshire for children and young people with special educational needs, and their families. Find out more.
- DANCE NOW | ACT UP | SING OUT are three fully inclusive groups run by Trestle Theatre Company, a charity that works with local communities to inspire creativity through participation. trestle.org.uk/dance-now-act-up-sing-out.
- Silverbirch Dance Company perform at theatres, schools, and in public to diverse audiences. silverbirchdance.com.
- The Daylight Club is a social club for adults with physical and other disabilities in St Albans. directory.hertfordshire.gov.uk/Services/9514.
- ABLEize provide the largest listing of disabled groups and clubs throughout Hertfordshire. ableize.com/disabled-groups-and-clubs-by-county/herts-and-hertfordshire.
If you know or represent an organisation not listed please contact us to add your listing.