Information for dog owners
A Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) relating to dog control in public was issued in April 2016 and extended in 2022. This order imposes certain legal responsibilities on dog owners in Three Rivers District.
If you own and walk a dog in the district, you must:
- pick up your dog’s faeces
- put your dog on a lead if directed to by an authorised officer of the Authority
- keep your dog on a lead at all times in the area surrounding the Café in the Park in the Aquadrome
- do not allow your dog to enter children's play areas, courts, outdoor gyms, skate areas and fenced-off picnic areas
- keep your dog from entering land used for grazing livestock
- one person is only allowed to be in charge of a maximum of four dogs at a time
The order does not apply to individuals with disabilities who use a dog for assistance. Please refer to section 7 of the order below for a list of exemptions.
You can read the full PSPO below:
It is an offence to breach a PSPO, and you can be given a Fixed Penalty Notice of £75 or a fine of up to £1,000 if prosecuted.