Plastic drink bottles belong with your RECYCLING.
For updates on the collections at this current time please check here
Examples: Fruit juice, squash, or fizzy drink bottles.
Please Remember: Left-over liquid or food residue can contaminate other recyclables so please empty and rinse your containers. It does not need to be spotless, a quick rinse will do. Please remove plastic film and place in the general rubbish bin. Lids and labels can be left on. Save space by squashing bottles.
- Plastic rubbish in the British countryside kills thousands of land animals every year.
- Enough plastic bottles are tossed each year to circle the planet five times.
- Recycling a single plastic bottle will save enough energy to power a lightbulb for three hours or more.
- More than 15% of the money we spend on products pays for packaging – most of which goes straight in the bin.
- 8 million tonnes of the world’s plastics end up in our oceans each year, creating a garbage patch three times the size of France.