Win VIP panto tickets in our spooky Halloween pumpkin competition
13th October 2022
Youngsters in Three Rivers are being urged to get creative and enter a pumpkin carving competition with the chance to win tickets to Watersmeet's popular pantomime.
To enter all you have to do is carve your pumpkin, making sure you get help from an adult, take a photograph and send it to the council via the email address below. The winners and three guests will be invited to the pantomime VIP night at Watersmeet on Friday 16 December to see a performance of Aladdin and meet the cast.
Cllr Debbie Morris, Chair of Three Rivers District Council, said: "I hope that lots of youngsters across Three Rivers have fun carving their pumpkins for our competition. I can't wait to see all the photos!
“Please make the most of all the delicious pumpkin flesh carved out in a tasty soup or pie. Have a great Halloween."
Pumpkins can be entered in two categories, one for those under eight-years-old and the other for those aged between eight and 16-years-old.
Photos must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 27 October to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, age category and contact details.
The competition will be judged by Cllr Morris and the Leader of the Council, Cllr Sarah Nelmes. The winners will be announced on Monday 31 October on our website and social media platforms and will include the first name only of the winner and the winning pumpkin photos.
Terms & Conditions
- Please be safe when carving, seeking help from an adult as appropriate. This includes making sure your hands and tools are dry to help with grip, always cut away from yourself and use small and controlled motions when carving.
- Please be aware images may be uploaded onto our social media sites and website. By emailing us your image you are giving us the right to post the image for the purpose of the competition.
- There will be a prize for the winner of each category. The judges' decision is final.
- Entries must be made by emailing email@example.com with your name, age category and contact details (phone number and email)
- Entries close 5pm on Thursday 27 October
- Winners will be contacted sometime during Friday 28 October
- Entrants must be resident in Three Rivers
- The competition is not open to employees of Three Rivers District Council or Watersmeet, those involved in the competition, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw
- Entry is free
- The prize is as described – there is no cash alternative
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal value
- By entering, winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the promoter or by its agencies. For example, social media pictures, short interview or quote, image to be used in context with the competition and receiving any prize
- Three Rivers District Council shall have the right at its sole discretion and at any time to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage
- Three Rivers District Council also reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage if deemed necessary
- Three Rivers District Council take no responsibility for late entries or entries not successfully uploaded
- Entry into this competition is taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.