Initiative that helps cut energy costs and carbon emissions returns
Three Rivers residents are coming together to invest in renewables through a group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage.
Solar Together Hertfordshire (www.solartogether.co.uk/threerivers) helps local homeowners feel confident that they are paying the right price for a high-quality installation from pre-approved installers.
This innovative scheme builds on six years of the highly successful Solar Together programme that runs across the UK. To date, Solar Together has delivered over 22,000 installations – over 200 of which were installed in Three Rivers last year - and over 460,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
Three Rivers residents can join the group-buying scheme which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points, as well as retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate as well as increase their independence from the grid.
It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation. Three Rivers District Council is working in partnership with Hertfordshire and independent experts iChoosr, to make the transition to clean energy as cost-effective and hassle-free as possible.
Cllr Jon Tankard, Lead Member for Environmental Services, Climate Change, and Sustainability, said: “I am delighted that the Solar Together scheme has returned this year, and we hope residents will sign up and take advantage of its benefits.
“Shifting to renewable energy is vital for the whole district to reach that all-important net zero, and schemes like this help achieve that goal.
“Last year, over 200 households had solar panels installed, helping them save money on energy and be more climate-friendly. This year we hope for more households to join in and urge anyone looking to make their homes greener to sign up today.”
Marie-Louise Abretti, iChoosr UK Solar Manager added “With energy prices continuing to increase, residents of Three Rivers are looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions, save on energy bills and increase their independence from the grid. The Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and to access a competitive offer from a trusted, vetted provider.”
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.