Safe Friday's at ASCEND
25th August 2015
++Ascend news release++
Safe Friday is a new initiative from ASCEND, supporting a safe community in South Oxhey and the surrounding areas. The weekly drop-in is open from 12 noon to 4pm, every Friday at ASCEND's Step Up project at 39 Oxhey Drive, South Oxhey WD19 7SD. Members of the public can talk to trained advisors and get support from the local Police and other agencies including Herts Mind Network, Thrive Homes and POhWER about:
- Concerns about safety in their neighbourhood.
- What to do if they witness a crime or potential crime.
- Who to talk to if they have been a victim of a crime.
- Advice about personal and home safety.
As well as the successful weekly drop-in, there will be special safety events including refreshments for the general public. Safe Friday has already supported a Property Marking event, including bicycles and has the following two events coming up:
- Friday 28th August at 2pm – ‘Prevent Fire’, meet the fire service and get advice about home safety.
- Friday 11th September at 2pm – ‘Scams and Rogue Traders’, advice from Susan Shanahan from Trading Standards on how to identify and report scams and rogue traders.
ASCEND was set up in 1996 within South Oxhey, to counteract the problems faced on the estate of unemployment, social deprivation, mental and physical health issues and learning disabilities. Their services are open to anyone living within the area of South Oxhey, Watford and Three Rivers district – working with clients who are unemployed or have learning disabilities to help build confidence and skills development. www.ascend.org.uk/