New initiative to cut carbon emissions and save on energy costs
22nd August 2022
Solar-powered energy is set to become easier to access under a new scheme being launched for residents across Three Rivers district.
Residents are being invited by Three Rivers District Council to be part of a renewable energy group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage. It is free for all homeowners in Three Rivers to sign up for the scheme run by the district council and group buying specialists iChoosr Ltd.
Solar Together Three Rivers is designed to help homeowners feel confident that they are paying the right price for a high-quality installation from pre-approved installers.
The scheme builds on four years of highly successful Solar Together programmes run across the UK. To date Solar Together has delivered over 7,000 installations and over 130,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
From 22 August Three Rivers residents can join the group-buying scheme which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points, as well as retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate as well as increase their independence from the grid.
Cllr Phil Williams, the council's Lead Member for Environmental Services, Climate Change and Sustainability, said: “Climate change is an urgent threat, and at Three Rivers we view it as the defining challenge of our time. Renewable energy generation is a key part of making our world more sustainable, and that is why I am delighted that through this scheme we are offering more residents a chance to benefit from affordable renewable energy.”
The scheme is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation. Three Rivers are working in partnership with all the other local councils in Hertfordshire and the independent experts iChoosr, to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible.
Marie-Louise Abretti, iChoosr UK Solar Manager said: “With energy prices continuing to increase, residents of Three Rivers are looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions, save on energy bills and increase their independence from the grid. The Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and to access a competitive offer from a trusted, vetted provider.”
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on 27 September 2022. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations. Typically the auction enables residents to benefit from discounts of approximately 20%-30% off the current market price.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Find out more: www.solartogether.co.uk/threerivers