Batchworth Parish Council to be set up - after review was held
22nd September 2016
In October 2015, Three Rivers District Council received a petition requesting the council conduct a review of the unparished area of the district, with the view to establishing a new parish council.
The council established a Working Party to look into the proposal and to undertake a ballot of the local electorate to gauge their view, either for or against a new parish council. The results of the ballot varied across the four wards involved.
At the Council meeting on the 12 September 2016, the Members of the Council decided:
- To establish a new Parish and create one new Parish Council for the 2 wards of Moor Park & Eastbury, and Rickmansworth Town, as shown edged in red on the attached map.
- That the new Parish be called ‘Batchworth Parish’ and that the Parish Council be called ‘Batchworth Parish Council.’
- That the new Parish Council be divided into two wards, based on existing ward boundaries of: Rickmansworth Town; Moor Park & Eastbury.
- That there are eight Councillors in the new Parish Council, four councillors in each ward.
- That no property or functions be handed over from Three Rivers District Council to the Parish Council at this time.
- To have first elections in May 2017 elected for 2 years with ordinary elections taking place in May 2019, and every four years thereafter, to synchronise these with the majority of other Parish Councils.