Batchworth Parish Council to be set up - after review was held
22nd September 2016
In October 2015, Three Rivers District Council received a petition requesting the council conduct a review of the unparished area of the district, with the view to establishing a new parish council.
The council established a Working Party to look into the proposal and to undertake a ballot of the local electorate to gauge their view, either for or against a new parish council. The results of the ballot varied across the four wards involved. Further information of the process of the review can be found on the council website at www.threerivers.gov.uk, along with the results of the ballot.
At the Council meeting on the 12 September 2016, the Members of the Council decided:
- To establish a new Parish and create one new Parish Council for the 2 wards of Moor Park & Eastbury, and Rickmansworth Town, as shown edged in red on the attached map.
- That the new Parish be called ‘Batchworth Parish’ and that the Parish Council be called ‘Batchworth Parish Council.’
- That the new Parish Council be divided into two wards, based on existing ward boundaries of: Rickmansworth Town; Moor Park & Eastbury.
- That there are eight Councillors in the new Parish Council, four councillors in each ward.
- That no property or functions be handed over from Three Rivers District Council to the Parish Council at this time.
- To have first elections in May 2017 elected for 2 years with ordinary elections taking place in May 2019, and every four years thereafter, to synchronise these with the majority of other Parish Councils.