Policy and Resources Committee - 29 January 2018
POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Monday 29 January 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Policy and Resources Committee:-
Councillors Sara Bedford (Chairman) Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman) (Leisure, Wellbeing and Health)
Matthew Bedford (Resources and Shared Services) Alex Hayward
Phil Brading (Public Services) David Sansom
Stephen Cox Alison Scarth (Health)
Stephen Giles-Medhurst (Economic Development, Sustainability and Transport) Roger Seabourne (Community Safety)
Martin Trevett (Housing, Planning and
Reena Ranger Strategic Schemes)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
19 January 2018
The Policy and Resources Committee welcomes contributions from Members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Policy and Resources Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGISES FOR ABSENCE 2. MINUTES To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the Policy and Resources Committee meeting held on 11 December 2017.17-12-11-pr-draft-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS To receive any declarations of interest. POLICY 5. JAPANESE KNOTWEED This report seeks agreement of a Japanese Knotweed Policy.05-18-01-29-pr-i-japanese-knotweed-policy
6. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION FEES AND CHARGES
To clarify a number of issues concerning the Environmental Protection fees and charges and recommends to Members that they agree these for 2018/19.06-18-01-29-pr-i-environmental-protection-fees-and-charges
7. PROJECT INITIATION DOCUMENT (PID)
To consider a PID for Garage Refurbishment.07-18-01-29-pr-i-pid_garage-refurb-lite_final
8. FINANCIAL PLANNING 2018-2021
This report is an introduction to the four agenda items that follow.08-18-01-29-pr-i-cover-introduction-report-final
9. FINANCIAL PLANNING – REVENUE SERVICES
The purpose of this report is to enable the Policy and Resources Committee to recommend to the Council the medium term revenue budgets. This report is the first of three that are covered together under the recommendations at Item 11 on this agenda.09-18-01-29-pr-i-financial-planning-revenue-services
10. FINANCIAL PLANNING – CAPITAL STRATEGY AND INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
The purpose of this report is to enable the Policy and Resources Committee to recommend to the Council its capital strategy and investment programme over the medium term (2017-2021). This report is the second of three that is covered under the recommendations report at Item 11 on this agenda.10-18-01-29-pr-i-financial-planning-capital-strategy-investment-programme
11. FINANCIAL PLANNING - TREASURY MANAGEMENT
The purpose of this report is to enable the Policy and Resources Committee to recommend to Council its Treasury Management Strategy Statement (TMSS).11-18-01-29-pr-i-financial-planning-tmss-18-19
12. FINANCIAL PLANNING - RECOMMENDATIONS
This report enables the Committee to make its recommendations on the Council’s Revenue and Capital budgets and Treasury Management Strategy for the period 2018-21 (medium term) to Council on 20 February 2018.12-18-01-29-pr-i-financial-planning-recommendations.docx (docx)
WORK PROGRAMME 13. WORK PROGRAMME To agree the Committee’s work programme.13-18-01-29-pr-i-work-programme-report13-18-01-29-pr-i-work-programme-app
14. OTHER BUSINESS If approved under item 3 above. 15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:- “that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under Paragraph 3 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: if other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items).
1. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION FEES AND CHARGES
To consider Appendix A to item 6.
2. SALE OF LAND IN GOSFORTH LANE
To receive a report.
3. OTHER BUSINESS - if approved under item 3 above.