Planning Committee - 27 February 2020
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth on Thursday 27 February 2020 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Keith Martin (Vice-Chairman)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
18 February 2020
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record of Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 23 January 2020.20-01-23-pc-draft-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule
on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided
that the Councillor
• has an open mind about the application
• is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
• can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote.
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable.
Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 19/1684/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of offices and erection of new development of 59 flats with underground parking (matters of appearance and landscaping reserved) at SCOTSBRIDGE
HOUSE, SCOTS HILL, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTFORDSHIRE WD3 3BB
6. 19/1992/FUL: First floor rear extension and single storey front extension to dwelling and construction of two storey and single storey side and rear extensions with basement level to be occupied as two, two bedroom flats with associated parking served by extended crossover, landscaping and bin storage at 1 WOODHALL LANE, SOUTH OXHEY, HERTS, WD19 6HE-6-20-02-27-pc-i-19-1992-ful-1-woodhall-lane
7. 19/2089/FUL - Demolition of existing cricket club and construction of two storey cricket pavilion including WCs and changing facilities, cafe and kitchen, gift shop, meeting and training space and other associated support/facility areas and viewing terrace at CHORLEYWOOD CRICKET CLUB, CHORLEYWOOD COMMON, RICKMANSWORTH ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SL-7-20-02-27-pc-i-19-2089-ful-chorleywood-cricket-club
8. 19/2213/FUL - Demolition of existing workshops and construction of a two-storey building containing 4 residential units (Use Class C3) including accommodation within the roof served by dormers to the front and rooflights to side and rear, alterations to vehicular access, associated car and bicycle parking, refuse and recycling storage, landscaping and associated works at GREYSTONE WORKS, THE GREEN, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTS, WD3 3AN-8-20-02-27-pc-i-19-2213-ful-greystone-works
9. 19/2484/RSP – Part-Retrospective: Erection of three storey building with habitable roof space to create 8 x 2-bed self-contained flats with associated parking on basement level, cycle and refuse store, amenity areas, raised terrace and landscaping following demolition of existing dwellinghouse at 38 EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LN-9-20-02-27-pc-i-19-2484-ful-38-eastbury-avenue-northwood
10. 19/2500/FUL - Change of use from Industrial (B1) to Mixed Use (Auction House (Sui Generis) and Light Industrial (B1)) at ABBOTS BUSINESS PARK, UNIT 16, PRIMROSE HILL, KINGS LANGLEY, WD4 8FR-10-20-02-27-pc-i-19-2500-ful-abbots-business-park-unit-16-primrose-hill
11. 20/0034/FUL - Proposed two storey rear extension, single storey front and side extension and single storey front porch extension at 16 GONVILLE AVENUE, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3BY-11-20-02-27-pc-i-20-2339-ful-16-gonville-avenue-croxley-green
12. 20/0048/RSP – Part retrospective: Alterations to frontage including extension to drive at 87 KINDERSLEY WAY, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0DG-12-20-02-27-pc-i-20-0048-rsp-87-kindersley-way
13. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
14. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
• Application file(s) referenced above
• Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
• Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
• Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
• The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
• Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
• National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
• Government Circulars
• The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
• Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
• Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
• Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
• The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
• The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
• The Localism Act (November 2011)
• The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
• Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
• Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
• Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com