Planning Committee - 24 February 2022
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 24 February 2022 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
15 February 2022
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public are entitled to speak on an application from the published agenda for the meeting either in support of the application or against. Those who wish to register to speak are asked to advise the Committee team by e-mail ( CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk ) 48 hours before the meeting if possible or can arrive on the night from 7pm. One person can speak in support of the application and one against. Registering 48 hours before the meeting allows the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe the meeting. You can request one of the limited places available by contacting the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 20 January 2022 and the Extraordinary Planning Committee meeting held on 8 February 2022.22-01-20-pc-minutes-final22-02-08-extra-pc-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 21/1622/VAR: Deed of Variation: Application to modify Section 52 agreement to alter existing use to include a limited number of charitable functions/club organised events up to 23:00 and the sale of alcohol (limited times)-05-22-02-24-pc-i-21-1622-var-pavilion-kings-george-v-playing-field-sarrattplans
6. 21/2124/FUL - Demolition of existing side extensions and part demolition of the dwelling and erection of part two-storey, part single-storey, rear and side extensions, first floor front extension, remodelling of first floor level and roof including increase in ridge height, alterations to frontage including extension to drive and new access at APRIL COTTAGE, BRIDLE LANE, WD3 4JG-06-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2124-ful-april-cottage-bridle-lane-loudwaterplans
7. 21/2590/FUL – Erection of six units within a single two storey flatted block (three 2-bed & three 1-bed), with associated parking, access, alterations to land levels and landscaping at LAND AT THE REAR OF CLOVERS COURT, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE-07-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2590-ful-land-at-the-rear-of-clovers-court-chorleywoodplans
8. 21/2602/RSP: Part Retrospective: Single storey and two storey side and rear extension, conversion of garage to habitable accommodation, extension to roof and loft conversion including rear dormer and rooflights, extension of rear raised patio and associated alterations including brick finish to front elevation at 51 BROOKDENE AVENUE, OXHEY HALL, WD19, 4LG-08-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2602-rsp-51-brookdene-avenue-oxhey-hallplans
9. 21/2675/FUL – Retrospective: Erection of single storey garden outbuilding at 4 Waterfield, Heronsgate, WD3 5BS-09-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2675-rsp-4-waterfield-heronsgateplans
10. 21/2757/RSP - Part Retrospective: Single storey rear extension and change of use of premises from bank Class E(c)(i) (Financial Services) to restaurant Class E(b) at 38 HIGH STREET, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0AR-10-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2757-rsp-38-high-street-abbots-langleyplans
11. 21/2772/FUL - Variation of Conditions 1 (Approved Plans), 2 (Landscaping (Permanent Access), 3 (Landscape Management Plan), 4 (Habitat Management Plan), 7 (SuDS Maintenance (On Site Works), 8 (SuDS Maintenance (Off Site Works), 9 (Boundary Treatments), 10 (Car Park Management Plan), 11 (Access), 12 (Travel Plan) and 14 (Delivery and Servicing Plan) of planning permission 21/1890/FUL to provide a permanent access from Uxbridge Road at The Reach Free School, Long Lane, Mill End, Hertfordshire, WD3 8AB-11-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2772-ful-reach-school-rickmansworthplans
12. 21/2778/FUL – Construction of detached outbuilding containing bar at RIVERSIDE, OLD MILL ROAD, HUNTON BRIDGE, WD4 8QT-12-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2778-ful-riverside-old-mill-road-hunton-bridgeplans
13. 21/2860/RSP: Part-retrospective: Ground and lower ground floor side and rear extension, loft conversion including insertion of rear dormer window, front rooflights, alterations to fenestration, rendering of property and extensions to softcast render, alterations to existing rear terrace, new external rear stairs to garden level and new raised planters at 23 Copthorne Road, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 4AB-13-22-02-24-pc-i-21-2860-rsp-23-copthorne-road-croxley-greenplans
14. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The audio recording of the meeting can be heard here