Planning Committee - 19 July 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 19 July 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
10 July 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE2. MINUTES
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 28 June 2018.18-06-28-pcdraft-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 18/0447/FUL – Demolition of existing side projections and construction of two storey side and rear extensions; creation of basement; roof alterations including insertion of rear dormer and internal alterations at 5 BEDFORD ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2BA for Mr and Mrs Patel-05-18-07-19-pc-18-0447-ful-5-bedford-road-moor-park
6. 18/0862/FUL- Demolition of existing single storey rear extensions, construction of two storey rear extension, single storey front extension, loft conversion including extension to roof, insertion of dormers to front, insertion and rooflights and conversion of garage to habitable accommodation at 23 WYATTS CLOSE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5TF for Mr & Mrs Barchha-06-18-07-19-pc-18-0862-ful-23-wyatts-close-chorleywood
7. 18/1193/FUL - Single storey and two storey rear extension and alterations to front entrance porch at THE WHITE HOUSE, 16 LANCING WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3LN for Mr & Mrs Chohan-07-18-07-19-pc-18-1193-ful-16-lancing-way-croxley-green.pdf (pdf)
8. 18/1195/FUL - Demolition of existing outbuilding and construction of single storey detached annexe ancillary to the use of the existing house at THE WHITE HOUSE, 16 LANCING WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3LN for Mr & Mrs Chohan-08-18-07-19-pc-18-1195-ful-16-lancing-way-croxley-green.pdf (pdf)
9. 18/0821/FUL - Use of land for the stationing of caravans for residential purposes for 6 no. gypsy pitches together (6 static caravans and five touring caravans) with the formation of additional hard standing, 3 ancillary utility/dayroom blocks and stable block at LAND BETWEEN LANGLEYBURY LANE AND OLD HOUSE LANE, LANGLEYBURY LANE, LANGLEYBURY, WD4 8RW for Mr J Cash.-09-18-07-19-pc-18-0821-ful-langleybury-lane-langleybury.pdf (pdf)
10. 18/0844/FUL - Two storey side and rear extensions and open front porch canopy at LANGSETT, 22 CHORLEYWOOD BOTTOM, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5JR for Mr Turner-10-18-07-19-pc-18-0844-ful-langsett-chorleywood-road.pdf (pdf)
11. 18/0990/RSP - Part Retrospective: Extension and conversion of garage to accommodate a gym/exercise room, store and shower room at 84 WHARF WAY, HUNTON BRIDGE, KINGS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD4 8FN for Ria Chawda.-11-18-07-19-pc-18-0990-rsp-84-wharf-way-hunton-bridge.pdf (pdf)
12. 18/1061/FUL – Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of a replacement two storey dwelling with accommodation in the roofspace (Application to Vary Condition 2 (Approved Plans) and Remove Condition 3 (Materials) attached to the original planning permission 17/2536/FUL to facilitate changes to the roof and elevations and alterations to fenestration and materials) at 37 WESTBURY ROAD, NORTHWOOD HA6 3DB for Mr N Patel.-12-18-07-19-pc-18-1061-ful-37-westbury-road-northwood.pdf (pdf)
13. 18/1110/OUT: Outline Application: Demolition of offices and erection of new development of 33 flats with underground parking (matters of appearance, landscaping and scale reserved) at Scotsbridge House, Scots Hill, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3BB for Millen Homes Ltd-13-18-07-19-pc-18-1110-ful-scotsbridgehouse-croxley-green.pdf (pdf)
14. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above 15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015