Planning Committee - 19 January 2023
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 19 January 2023 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Matthew Bedford (Vice Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
10 January 2023
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
One member of the public is entitled to speak on an application from the published agenda either in support of the application or against. Those who wish to speak can arrive on the night from 7pm to register with the Committee Manager.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings. If you wish to observe you can arrive on the night from 7pm.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not be broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 15 December 2022 and reconvened Planning Committee meeting on 5 January 2023.22-12-15-pc-minutes23-01-05-reconvened-pc-minutes-final
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda item 5 to 9) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual report.
- 22/1162/FUL - Erection of polytunnels and associated infrastructure at WOODOAKS FARM, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTFORTDSHIRE, WD3 9XQ
- 22/1507/FUL - Partial demolition of no.51 and sub-division of rear gardens of no.51 and no.49 and construction of two storey detached dwelling, garage and access road including new vehicular crossover at THE HAWTHORNS, 51 BATCHWORTH LANE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3HE
- 22/1658/RSP - Part Retrospective: Part demolition of existing single storey side extension and construction of two storey side and rear extension with balcony, two storey rear extension, single storey rear extension with balcony, loft conversion including dormers to front and rear and rooflights, alterations to fenestration and extension and alterations to terrace including landscaping works and alterations to land levels at KEEPERS LEA, OLD SHIRE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5PW
- 22/1974/FUL - Demolition of existing single storey side extension construction of loft conversion including roof extensions and rear and side dormers and front and side rooflights; erection of new vehicular access and gate with associated landscaping works including extension of driveway; internal alterations and alterations to fenestration at MERRY DOWN, COMMONWOOD, SARRATT, WD4 9BA
- 22/2255/FUL - Installation of 7no. heat pumps with alterations to boundary treatments including timber fence at THREE RIVERS HOUSE, NORTHWAY, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1RL
10. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above.
11. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item(s) in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com