Planning Committee - 18 August 2016
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 18 August 2016 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Councillors:- Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman) Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Diana Barber David Major
Phil Brading Debbie Morris
Marilyn Butler Reena Ranger
Peter Getkahn Ann Shaw OBE
Alex Hayward Stephen King
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
9 August 2016
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 21 July 2016 (circulated separately).16 07 21 pc final-draft
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (3 Shire Lane, Chorleywood) Tree Preservation Order 201616 08 18 PC i - (05) TPO 3 Shire Lane Chorleywood
6. The following applications (agenda items 7 to 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
7. 0/00579/FUL / 00/00580/FUL - Revocation of Hazardous Substances Works at RICKMANSWORTH GASHOLDER SITE, WHARF LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, for Transco Plc
8. 16/0854/FUL - Demolition of existing stables and barns and erection of six dwellings with associated access and landscaping works including new access at BATCHWORTH HEATH FARM AND LIVERY, BATCHWORTH HEATH, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1QB for Mr and Mrs Eric and Diana Price16 08 18 PC i - (08) 16 0854 FUL Batchworth Heath Farm Batchworth Heath
9. 16/1167/FUL – CONSTRUCTION OF ALL-WEATHER PLAYING FIELD AND ERECTION OF FENCING AND FLOODLIGHTING at Rickmansworth Sports Club, Park Road, Rickmansworth, WD3 1HU for Rickmansworth Sports Club
10. 16/1368/FUL - Demolition of garages and erection of 2 detached houses, addition of 2 flats to the top floor of the existing flat block and refurbishment of the existing flat block with associated works to landscape, access, parking and service arrangements at THE LIMES, 9 EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LB for The Limes (Northwood) Management Ltd16 08 18 PC i - (10) 16 1368 FUL The Limes 9 Eastbury Avenue Northwood
11. 16/1236/FUL – Demolition of existing detached bungalow and erection of two-storey detached dwelling with basement level and alterations to frontage at 8 GROVEWOOD CLOSE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5PU for Mr and Mrs Shurville16 08 18 PC i - (11) 16-1236-FUL 8 Grovewood Close
12. 16/1398/FUL - Construction of 48 residential apartments with car parking, open space, landscaping and associated works, at FORMER GAS WORKS, WHARF LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1HA for St William Homes LLP16 08 18 PC i - (12) 16 1398 FUL Wharf Lane - Rickmansworth
13. 16/1536/FUL - Two storey side and rear extension, extension to drive, creation of raised decking, at 97 Kindersley Way, Abbots Langley for Mr and Mrs Leigh Frost16 08 18 PC i - (13) 97 Kindersley Abbots Langley
14. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
14a. 16/1119/FUL – Demolition of utility room and construction of a single storey rear extension, at 15 BRIDGE ROAD, HUNTON BRIDGE, WD4 8RQ, for Mr Eduado Queralto
15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015