Planning Committee - 15 December 2022
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 15 December 2022 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Matthew Bedford (Vice Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
6 December 2022
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public are entitled to speak on an application from the published agenda for the meeting either in support of the application or against. Those who wish to speak can arrive on the night from 7pm to register with the Committee Manager. One person can register to speak in support of the application and one against. Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings. If you wish to observe you can arrive on the night from 7pm.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not be broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 17 November 2022.22-11-17-pc-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda item 6 to 11) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual report.
5. Public Rights of Way proposal: Three Rivers Cycling and Walking Programmes upgrade of Footpath to Bridleway at CARAVAN LANE HIGH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH WD3 1HN05-22-12-15-pc-i-caravan-lane
6. 22/0491/FUL - The provision of new sound stages, workshops, production and post-production offices, Studio support facilities (including new welfare and café building) and new roundabout to provide vehicular access to the Studios and Island Site; the construction of decked car parking and a pedestrian footbridge (Island Site); the use of land to the west of the Studios for film production and associated activities (Backlot 2); ecological improvements to existing field (Lower Field) together with site-wide landscape and necessary utilities and infrastructure works, bund construction, and ground re-profiling at WARNER BROS. STUDIOS LEAVESDEN, WARNER DRIVE, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD25 7LP06-22-12-15-pc-i-22-0491-ful-warner-brosplan1
7. 22/1120/RSP - Part Retrospective: Proposed two storey and single storey rear extensions with accommodation within the roof served by front dormer windows and internal alterations, single storey front infill extension, addition of first floor Juliet balcony, ground floor window, addition of accessible first floor balcony, alterations to balustrading to rear and alterations to roof form of existing single storey flat roofed extension at 44 SANDY LODGE ROAD, MOOR PARK, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1LJ07-22-12-15-pc-i-22-1120-rsp-44-sandy-lodge-rd-moor-park-
8. 22/1309/RSP - Part Retrospective: Alterations to raised rear patio and rear garden levels including addition of plant room, boundary treatment and installation of privacy screens at SANDALWOOD, 7A WOLSEY ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2HN08-22-12-15-pc-i-22-1309-rsp-7a-wolsey-road
9. 22/1573/FUL - Change of use of land to provide for 4no. additional pitches for residential purposes together with the formation of hardstanding and driveway at LITTLE LIZ, OLD HOUSE LANE, KINGS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD4 8RS09-22-12-15-pc-i-22-1573-ful-little-liz
photos   photos 2
10. 22/1776/FUL - Construction of a single storey rear extension and alterations to patio at 31A TROWLEY RISE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD5 0LN10-22-12-15-pc-i-221776ful-31a-trowley-rise
11. 22/1658/RSP - Retrospective: Part demolition of existing single storey side extension and construction of two storey side and rear extension with balcony, two storey rear extension, single storey rear extension with balcony, loft conversion including dormers to front and rear and rooflights, alterations to fenestration and extension and alterations to terrace including landscaping works and alterations to land levels at KEEPERS LEA, OLD SHIRE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5PW11-22-12-15-pc-i-22-1658-rsp-keepers-lea-old-shireplans-1
12. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item(s) in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com