Planning Committee - 13 December 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 13 December 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
4 December 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 15 November 2018.18-11-15-pc-draft-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
- Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 18/1313/FUL – Variation of condition 10 (Affordable Housing) pursuant to outline planning permission 16/2076/OUT: To vary the tenure and tenure split of the affordable housing provision at FAIRWAYS FARM, BUCKNALLS LANE, GARSTON, WD25 9NE-05-18-1313-ful-fairways-farm-bucknalls-lane-garston
6. 18/1758/RSP - Roof alterations including hip to gable roof extensions, provision of rear dormer window and front rooflights at 156 Greenfield Avenue, Carpenders Park, WD19 5DQ-06-18-1758-rsp-156-greenfield-avenue-carpenders-park
7. 18/1993/FUL – Conversion of garage into habitable accommodation and alterations to fenestration to include new doors within rear elevation at DELL FARM COTTAGE, RICKMANSWORTH ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5SL-07-18-1993-ful-dell-farm-cottage-rickmansworth-road-chorleywood-wd3
8. 18/2112/FUL: Construction of a single storey front extension and two storey side extension at 1 BELFAIRS GREEN, SOUTH OXHEY, WATFORD, WD19 6YQ-08-18-2112-ful-1-belfairs-green
9. 18/2116/FUL: Proposed part first floor, part two storey side extension, extension to rear dormer, alterations to existing rear projection and use of roof as a balcony, front porch canopy, alterations to fenestration and construction of swimming pool at Callipers Cottage, Penmans Green, Sarratt, WD4 9AY-09-18-2116-ful-callipers-cottage-penmans-green-sarratt
10. 18/2118/RSP – Part Retrospective: Two storey side and rear extension, part single part two storey front extension including creation of gable and increase in height, conversion of garage to habitable space and loft conversion including extension to roof and rear dormer, insertion of rooflights and new external materials at 20 CHESTNUT AVENUE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4HB-10-18-2118-ful-20-chestnut-avenue-rickmansworth-wd3-4hb
11. 18/2159/FUL - Demolition of existing single storey rear extension and construction of new single storey rear extension at 61 KENILWORTH DRIVE, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3NN-11-18-2159-ful-61-kenilworth-drive-croxley-green-wd3
12. 18/2200/FUL - The temporary occupation of Units 1, 2 and 3 of Block X as a marketing suite (Sui Generis) for a period of no longer than 5 years at South Oxhey Initiative: Phase 1B, St Andrews Road, South Oxhey, Hertfordshire-12-18-2200-ful-south-oxhey-initiative-phase-1b-st-andrews-road
13. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
14. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)