Planning Commitee - 16 August 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 16 August 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
7 August 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 19 July 2018.18-07-19-pcdraft-minutes
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 14) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 18/0844/FUL - Two storey side and rear extensions and open front porch canopy at LANGSETT, 22 CHORLEYWOOD BOTTOM, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5JR-05-18-08-16-pc-i-18-0844-ful-langsett-chorleywood
6 18/0983/FUL – Single storey front and rear extensions, internal alterations and extension to residential dormer at THE PAVILION, GREEN LANE, OXHEY HALL, WD19 4LT-06-18-08-16-pc-i-18-0983-ful-the-pavilion-oxhey-hall
7. 18/1007/FUL- Two storey and single storey rear extension, extension to basement and alterations to fenestration detail at NORMANDY, 7 WOLSEY ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2HN-07-18-08-16-pc-i-18-1007-ful-wolsey-road-moor-park
8. 18/1036/FUL - Part single storey and part 2 storey rear extension and internal refurbishment and re-configuration. Roof-lights to front roof slope. New windows to side elevation at 3 EASTGLADE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LD-08-18-08-16-pc-i-18-1036-ful-eastglade-northwood
9. 18/1072/FUL - Demolition of the existing dwelling and construction of a replacement dwelling with associated hard and soft landscaping at 29 BEDFORD ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2AY
10. 18/1110/OUT: Outline Application: Demolition of offices and erection of new development of 33 flats with underground parking (matters of appearance, landscaping and scale reserved) at Scotsbridge House, Scots Hill, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3BB
11. 18/1126/FUL - Change of use of phone box to be used as an art gallery (Class D1) at CHORLEYWOOD TELEPHONE EXCHANGE, NEW PARADE, CHORLEYWOOD, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5NJ-11-18-08-16-pc-i-18-1126-ful-chorleywood-telephone-exchange-new-parade-chorleywood
12. 18/1139/FUL - Erection of detached garage at THE OLD HOUSE, 3 WATFORD ROAD, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3DL-12-18-08-16-pc-i-18-1139-ful-old-house-watford-road-croxley-green.pdf (pdf)
13. 18/1207/FUL - Replacement play equipment and re-surfacing at THE PLAYGROUND, SKIDMORE WAY, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1TA-13-18-08-16-pc-i-18-1207-ful-skidmore-way-playground-rickmansworth
14. 18/1296/OUT - Outline Application: Erection of up to 70 dwellings (Use Class C3) and a 75 bed care home (Use Class C2), with associated new access (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale reserved) at FORMER LITTLE FURZE JUNIOR MIXED INFANTS SCHOOL, GOSFORTH LANE, SOUTH OXHEY, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 7RE-14-18-08-16-pc-i-18-1296-out-little-furze-school-gosforth-lane-south-oxhey-prelim-report
15. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
16. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015