Planning Committee - 20 October 2016
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 20 October 2016 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Councillors:- Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman) Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Diana Barber David Major
Phil Brading Debbie Morris
Marilyn Butler Reena Ranger
Peter Getkahn Ann Shaw OBE
Alex Hayward Stephen King
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
11 October 2016
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 22 September 2016.16 09 22 PC mins
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (Land Opposite Lakeview, Railway Terrace, Kings Langley) Tree Preservation Order 201616 10 20 PC i (05) TPO Land Opposite Lakeview Railway Terrace Kings Langley
6. The following applications (agenda items 7 to 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
7. 16/1218/FUL–Demolition of existing care home and construction of replacement three storey care home with additional basement, associated parking and landscaping at BURFORD HOUSE, RICKMANSWORTH ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD,RICKMANSWORTH, HERTS, WD3 5SQ for Westgate Healthcare.16 10 20 PC i (07) 16-1218-FUL Burford House
8. 16/1403/FUL – Single storey side extension, hip to gable extension with rear dormer windows, alterations and additions to flank and rear glazing, replacement of existing side fence with part brick/part fence boundary, new hardstanding driveway with gated access from North Road, at 91 LOWER ROAD CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5LA for Mrs Vivien Lantree16 10 20 PC i (08) 1403-FUL 91 Lower Rd
9. 16/1500/OUT - Outline Application: Construction of up to 28 dwellings, together with car parking, open space, landscaping and new vehicular and pedestrian access from Railway Terrace with access, appearance and layout to be considered (landscaping and scale reserved) at LAND ADJACENT LAKEVIEW, RAILWAY TERRACE, KINGS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE for Gade Property Developments Ltd16 10 20 PC i (09) 16 1500 OUT Land Adj Lakeview Railway Terrace
10. 16/1523/FUL - Construction of a new secondary school incorporating construction of a two storey academic building; ancillary sports hall and facilities; playing fields and landscaping bund; together with new car parking areas; drop-off and related highway works including a new roundabout to facilitate access, at PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT SITE AT LONG LANE, MILL END, HERTFORDSHIRE, for The Reach Free School on behalf of the Education Funding Agency16 10 20 PC i (10) 16-1523-FUL October Update Reach School
11. 16/1669/OUT – Outline Application: Construction of three detached dwellings to include reuse of existing access from Old Chorleywood Road with alterations to access (appearance, landscaping and scale reserved) at LAND REAR OF OLD CHORLEYWOOD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH for Millen Homes Ltd16 10 20 PC i (11) 16-1669-OUT Land rear of Old Chorleywood Road
12. 16/1815/FUL – Part single storey and part two storey side extension at 10 SOLESBRIDGE CLOSE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SP for Mr and Mrs Obergan16 10 20 PC i (12) 16-1815-FUL 10 Solesbridge Close
13. 16/1941/FUL: Construction of rear canopy; removal of existing terrace and construction of replacement access steps; landscaping alterations to create level seating area and erection of boundary wall at THE CAFÉ IN THE PARK, THE AQUADROME, FROGMOOR LANE, RICKMANSWORTH for Mr & Mrs Trisk-Grove.
14. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015