Planning Committee - 15 December 2016
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 15 December 2016 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Councillors:- Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman) Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Diana Barber David Major
Phil Brading Debbie Morris
Marilyn Butler Reena Ranger
Peter Getkahn Ann Shaw OBE
Alex Hayward Stephen King
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
6 December 2016
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 17 November 2016.16 11 17 PC mins
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. The following applications (agenda items 6 to 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
6. 16/1523/FUL - Construction of a new secondary school incorporating construction of a two storey academic building; ancillary sports hall and facilities; playing fields and landscaping bund; together with new car parking areas; drop-off and related highway works including a new roundabout to facilitate access, at PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT SITE AT LONG LANE, MILL END, HERTFORDSHIRE, for The Reach Free School on behalf of the Education Funding Agency16 12 15 PC i (06) 16-1523-FUL Committee Report
7. 16/2040/AOD – Approval of Details: Details pursuant to Condition 18 of hybrid planning permission 16/0005/FUL comprising layout, scale, appearance and landscaping for Phase 1B (Station Approach), at STATION APPROACH, SOUTH OXHEY, HERTFORDSHIRE for Countryside Properties PLC16 12 15 PC i (07) 16-2040-AOD Report
8. 16/2279/RSP – Part Retrospective: Erection of timber garage and hardstanding for vehicle access at LAND TO THE NORTH EAST OF WHITEGATES, NOTTINGHAM ROAD, HERONSGATE, HERTS, WD3 5DL for Mrs S Romano16 12 15 PC I (08) 16 2279 RSP Land to north east of Whitegates Heronsgate
9. 16/2286/FUL – Demolition of no. 18 Gallows Hill Lane and construction of four detached dwellings on land to the rear with associated access, landscaping, parking and alterations to existing access at 18 GALLOWS HILL LANE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0DA for Thorne Barton Estates Ltd16 12 15 PC i (09) 16-2286-FUL 18 Gallows Hill Lane - Committee Report
10. 16/2304/FUL - Demolition of existing Scout hut and construction of single storey building to be used for vehicle repair and sales with associated landscaping and boundary treatments at FAYER HALL SCOUT HUT, OXHEY DRIVE, SOUTH OXHEY, WATFORD, WD19 7SE for Major Works Team Three Rivers District Council16 12 15 PC i (10) 16 2304 FUL Fayer Hall Scout Hut Oxhey Drive South Oxhey
11. 16/2305/FUL - Construction of single storey Scout hut and alterations to landscaping at PUBLIC TENNIS COURTS, GREEN LANE, OXHEY HALL for Major Works Team Three Rivers District Council16 12 15 PC i (11) 16 2305 FUL Tennis Courts Green Lane Oxhey Hall
12. 16/2208/FUL – Two storey side extension, single storey rear extension and erection of front porch at 2 THE FAIRWAY, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD5 0JT for Mr and Mrs D Woolner.16 12 15 PC i (12) 16 2208 FUL 2 The Fairway Committee report
13. 16/2444/FUL - Replacement play equipment and associated alterations including to landscaping and boundary with change from three separate areas to one at MANOR HOUSE RECREATION GROUND, GALLOWS HILL LANE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE for Abbots Langley Parish Council16 12 15 PC i (13) 16 2444 FUL Manor House Recreation Ground Gallows Hill Lane
14. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015