Full Council - 10 December 2019
To: ALL MEMBERS OF THE THREE RIVERS DISTRICT COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Council to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on 10 December 2019 at 7.30pm for the purpose of transacting the under mentioned business:-
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 22 October 2019.19-10-22-cl-minutes-draft
3. APPOINTMENT OF HEAD OF PAID SERVICE / CHIEF EXECUTIVE
To receive the recommendation of the Council’s Appointment Committee.-03-19-12-10-cl-i-permanent-ceo-appointment
4. TO RECEIVE THE RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE INDEPENDENT REMUNERAL PANEL ON:
i) Member Allowances 2020/21
ii) Chairman’s Allowance, Vice-Chairman’s Allowance and Travel Allowance 2020/21-04-19-12-10-member-chair-allowance-04-19-12-10-members-remuneration-2020-21-app1
5. COUNCIL TAX REDUCTION SCHEME 2020/21-05-19-12-10-local-council-tax-reduction-2020-21
6. BUSINESS RATES DISCRETIONARY RATES RELIEF SCHEME 2020/21-06-19-12-10-discretionary-rate-relief-reporttrdc-discretionary-rate-relief-revaluation-policy-2020
7. RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE – 4 NOVEMBER 2019 and 9 DECEMBER 2019
To receive the recommendations from the Policy and Resources Committee meetings held on 4 November 2019 and 9 December 2019:
1) POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE – 4 NOVEMBER 2019 – MINUTE PR48/19 BUDGET MONITORING – MONTH 6 (SEPTEMBER)06-1-19-12-10-pr-i-budget-management-report-period-6-app06-1-19-12-10-pr-i-budget-period-6-report
Council are asked to agree the following:
That the following revenue and capital budget variations be approved and incorporated into the three-year medium-term financial plan:-
Revenue - (Favourable)/ Unfavourable (97,730) 8,440 42,080
Capital - Increase / (Decrease) (678,810) 724,130 0
Approves to the change to the financial regulations of the Council’s constitution relating to write offs of car parking debts as detailed at Paragraph 8.
2) POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE – 9 DECEMBER 2019 - BUSINESS RATES POOLING 2020/21
Council are asked to agree the following: (recommendation to be provided following P&R on 9 December – report can be viewed below)19-12-09-pr-i-business-rates-pooling-report19-12-10-pr-i-business-rates-pooling-agreement-appa
8. TO RECEIVE ANY PETITIONS UNDER PROCEDURE RULE 18
9. QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC UNDER PROCEDURE RULE 15
10. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
11. REPORTS AND QUESTIONS TO THE LEADER AND LEAD MEMBERS
LEADER OF THE COUNCIL
INFRASTRUCTURE, HOUSING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Reports from the Lead Member for Transport and Economic Development (Cllr Stephen Giles-Medhurst), Lead Member for Infrastructure and Planning Policy (Cllr Steve
Drury), Lead Member for Housing (Cllr Andrew Scarth).
LEISURE, ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITY
Reports from the Lead Member for Leisure (Cllr Chris Lloyd), Lead Member for Environmental Services and Sustainability (Cllr Phil Williams), Lead Member for Community
Safety and Partnerships (Cllr Roger Seabourne) and questions.
RESOURCES AND SHARED SERVICES
Report from the Lead Member for Resources and Shared Services (Cllr Matthew Bedford) and questions.
12. REPORTS AND QUESTIONS TO THE CHAIRMEN OF THE AUDIT, PLANNING, LICENSING AND REGULATORY SERVICES COMMITTEES (RULE 14)
Report from and questions to the Chairman of the Audit Committee (Cllr Keith Martin).
Report from and questions to the Chairman of the Planning Committee (Cllr Sarah Nelmes)
Report from and questions to the Chairman of the Licensing Committee (Cllr Martin Trevett).
Report from and questions to the Chairman of the Regulatory Services Committee (Cllr Martin Trevett).
13. MOTIONS UNDER PROCEDURE RULE 11
EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC - Not required as item to be taken as Part I business - see item 3 above.
If the Council wishes to consider this item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraph 1 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
APPOINTMENT OF HEAD OF PAID SERVICE / CHIEF EXECUTIVE - THIS ITEM IS NOW ITEM 3 ON THE AGENDA AND WILL BE TAKEN AS A PART I ITEM OF BUSINESS
David Hill, Interim Chief Executive
2 December 2019