Constitution Sub-Committee - 6 January 2022
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a virtual/remote meeting to be held at 7pm on Thursday 6 January 2022.
Members of the Constitution Sub-Committee:
Joanne Wagstaffe Chief Executive
22 December 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from Members of the public to its discussion on agenda items at its Committee/Sub-committee meetings.
Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes.
Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on the item at that next meeting of the Committee. Details of the procedure are provided below:
Members of the public wishing to speak will be entitled to register and identify which report they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the meeting. Those who wish to register to speak should notify the Committee team by e-mail CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours before the meeting. This will allow the Committee Team to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting to forward to the Chair of the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part 1 business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
The meeting will be livestreamed and the link is provided here (Link archived)
1. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR OF THE SUB-COMMITTEE FOR THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT YEAR 2021/22
2. APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIR OF THE SUB-COMMITTEE FOR THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT YEAR 2021/22
3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the Constitution sub-committee meeting held on 29 September 2020.20-09-29-csc-minutes
5. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items
6. DECLARATION OF INTERSTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
7. COUNCIL CONSTITUTION AND URGENT DECISIONS
- For the sub-committee to consider suggestions for amendments to Rules 11, 14, 15, 18 and 37 of the Council Constitution and decide if any suggestions are to go forward to the P&R Committee on 24 January or if the Rule(s) remain unchanged.
- To consider suggested amendments to the Member Officer protocol.
- To consider the provisions for urgent decisions which are available to the Chief Executive under Paragraph 8 of Part 3 of the Council Constitution.
- These are all suggestions only for discussion by the sub-committee and are not proposals.
8. RECORDINGS OF MEETINGS
- This report is being presented to the sub-committee with suggestions on the retention of audio meeting recordings and livestreaming recordings both past and in the future and follows Council’s approval to livestream Part I business at Council/Committees and sub-committees at the meeting on 14 December 2021 subject to the installation of the required equipment.
- The options are suggestions only for discussion by the sub-committee and are not proposals.
9. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
10. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the sub-committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public
be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs 1-7 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
11. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.