Audit Committee - 23 July 2019
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Tuesday 23 July 2019 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Audit Committee:-
Councillors:- Keith Martin (Chairman)
Sarah Nelmes Dominic Sokalski (Vice-Chairman)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Acting Head of Paid Service/CEO
15 July 2019
The Audit Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the Audit Committee Meeting held on 26 March 2019 and the Additional meeting held on 11 July 2019.19-03-26-ac-minutes-draft19-07-11-ac-additional-meeting-minutes
3. NOTICE OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced,
together with special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
5. ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT 2018/19
To formally receive the Annual Governance Statement contained within the 2018/19 Statement of Accounts. See the weblink below:
6. EXTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT AND APPROVAL OF THE 2018/19 STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS
To formally approve the 2018/19 Statement of Accounts and receive the report of the External Auditor.
See the weblink below for the Statement of Accounts19-07-23-ac-trdc-audit-results-report-22-july
7. FRAUD ANNUAL REPORT 2018/19
This report informs Members of the work of the Fraud Section for the financial year 2018/2019 and provides updates on progress and developments for the current financial year.-07-19-07-23-ac-i-trdc-fraud-report-2019
8. TREASURY MANAGEMENT ANNUAL REPORT 2018/19
This report gives details of the 2018/19 year-end review of the Treasury Management function.-08-19-07-23-ac-i-annual-treasury-report-2018-2019
9. INTERNAL AUDIT PROGRESS REPORT
This report details:
- Progress made by the Shared Internal Audit Service (SIAS) in delivering the Council’s annual audit plan for 2019/20 as at 5 July 2019.
- Proposed amendments to the approved 2019/20 Annual Audit Plan.
- Implementation status of all previously agreed audit recommendations from 2016/17 onwards.
- An update on performance management information as at 5 July 2019.
- The revised assurance definitions/priority levels.
10. SIAS BOARD ANNUAL REPORT 2018/19
To receive the Annual report for 2017/18.-10-19-07-23-ac-i-sias-annual-report-2018-19-final
11. COMMITTEE’S WORK PROGRAMME
To review and make necessary changes to the Audit Committee’s Work Programme-11-19-07-23-ac-i-work-programme-1.pdf (pdf)
12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
13. EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
If any confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional item(s) and a resolution to be passed in the following terms
“that under Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under the respective paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act”.
1. OTHER BUSINESS – if approved under item 3 above