Search

Policy and Resources Committee - 25 January 2021

Virtual meeting with remote access25th January 2021

 POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE

 NOTICE AND AGENDA

 

For a virtual/remote meeting to be held on Monday 25 January 2021 at 7.30pm

 

Members of the Policy and Resources Committee:-

 

Councillors

 

Sarah Nelmes (Chair) (Local Plan)

Chris Lloyd (Leisure)

 

Matthew Bedford (Vice-Chair)

(Resources & Shared Services)

Andrew Scarth (Housing)

Reena Ranger

 

Stephen Cox

Steve Drury (Infrastructure & Planning Policy)

Roger Seabourne (Community Safety & Partnerships)

 

Stephen Giles-Medhurst (Transport & Economic Development)

Alex Hayward

Alison Wall

Phil Williams (Environmental Services & Sustainability)

 

Paula Hiscocks

 

 

Joanne Wagstaffe Chief Executive

15 January 2021

 

(The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 enable Council/Committee meetings to be held in a virtual format and enables remote attendance.

The meeting starts at 7.30pm and will be virtual/remote meeting in that it will be conducted at no specific location and all participants are at various locations, communicating via audio and online.

The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on Part I agenda items at Committee meetings.  Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Committee.  Details of the procedure are provided below:

Members of the public wishing to speak will be entitled to register and identify which Part I report they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the remote meeting.  Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee Team by e-mail 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register (1 for and 1 against) will be sent a link so that they can join the meeting to exercise that right.  This will also allow the Committee Team to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the remote meeting to forward to the Chair of the meeting.

In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part 1 business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person. 

Recording and reporting the Council's meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance.  This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.

 

Please note that the meeting is being held virtually. The business of the meeting will be live streamed at –

https://aisapps.sonicfoundry.com/AuditelScheduler/Player/Index/?id=4ea367cb-ed43-4188-9b16-48096d8f743b&presID=39948a8a5a084b20aa0cd98f97419d1a1d

 

The virtual meeting protocol can be found below:

protocol-for-virtual-committee-meetings-sept-2020-3

 

1.   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

2.   MINUTES

To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Policy and Resources Committee meeting held on 7 December 2020.

20-12-07-pr-final-draft-mins

 

3.   NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS 

Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.

 

4.   DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

To receive any declarations of interest.

 

POLICY

 

5.  TO RECEIVE THE RECOMMENDATION FROM THE LOCAL PLAN SUB-COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 18 JANUARY 2021

Statement of Community Involvement

-05-21-01-18-lpsc-i-statement-of-community-involvement 

-05-21-01-18-lpsc-i-appendix-1-statement-of-community-involvement-june-2020-1

-05-21-01-18-lpsc-i-appendix-2-proposed-addendum-to-sci

 Recommendation:

That the Policy and Resources Committee agree to the adoption of the Addendum to the Statement of Community Involvement as set out in Appendix 2.

6.  DECISIONS OF THE COVID 19 RESPONSE SUB-COMMITTEE

To receive the decisions of the Covid 19 Response sub-committee held on 16 November 2020.

-06-21-01-25-pr-i-programme-management-monitoring-list-app1

 

CRSC 25/20    SERVICE RESTORATION GENERAL UPDATE REPORT

Agreed to recommend the General Update report to the Policy and Resources Committee for adoption.

-06-covid-19-sub-committee-service-restoration-general-update-report

CRSC 26/20  WATERSMEET REOPENING REPORT

Agreed to recommend the Watersmeet Reopening report to the Policy and Resources Committee for adoption.

-06-covid-19-sub-committee-watersmeet-reopening-report

 Minutes of Covid 19 response sub-committee meeting held on 16 November 2020

20-11-16-covid-19-sub-committee-minutes-final-draft

 

7.  COVID-19 RESTRCTIONS IMPACT ON SERVICES UPDATE REPORT

This report sets out the impact of the local Tier system, National Lockdown and current position of the Council’s Services.

The Council will continue to prioritise service delivery and focus resources as set out previously in the Service Restoration Priorities Reports.

-07-21-01-25-pr-i-covid-19-restrictions-impact-on-services-update-report

-07-21-01-25-pr-i-impact-of-covid-19-restrictions-on-services-app1

 

8.   REVIEW OF STRATEGIC RISKS

This report proposes revised strategic risks, based on the priorities and objectives in the Corporate Framework 2020-2023.

-08-21-01-25-pr-i-strategic-risks 

08-21-01-25-pr-i-strategic-risks-appendix

 

RESOURCES

 

9.   FINANCIAL PLANNING 2021-2024

This report is an introduction to the three agenda items that follow.

-09-21-01-25-pr-i-cover-introduction-report

 

10. FINANCIAL PLANNING – REVENUE SERVICES

The purpose of this report is to enable the Policy and Resources Committee to recommend to the Council the medium term revenue budgets. 

-10-21-01-25-pr-i-financial-planning-revenue-services

 

11.  FINANCIAL PLANNING – CAPITAL STRATEGY AND THE TREASURY MANAGEMENT POLICY

The purpose of this report is to enable the Policy and Resources Committee to recommend to the Council its capital strategy and treasury management policy over the medium term (2021-24)

-11-21-01-25-pr-i-financial-planning-capital-strategy-treasury-mgt-policy

 

12.  FINANCIAL PLANNING – RECOMMENDATIONS

This report enables the Committee to make its recommendations on the Council’s Revenue and Capital budgets and Treasury Management Policy for the period 2021-24 (medium term) to Council on 23 February 2021.

-12-21-01-25-pr-i-financial-planning-recommendations-final

 

13.  WORK PROGRAMME

To receive the Committee’s work programme.

 -13-21-01-25-pr-i-work-programme-report

-13-21-01-25-pr-i-work-programme-app

 

14.  OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above

 

14A. RECEIPT OF E-PETITION ON RICKMANSWORTH BOWLS CLUB

To receive a petition from Rickmansworth Bowls Club signed by 113 residents which states:

That the Council continues to provide financial support to Rickmansworth Bowls Club

We the undersigned, support Rickmansworth Bowls Club at Basing Gardens in providing a service for young and old in the community, as it has done for over 100 years, where all have benefitted from physical exercise and enjoyment of fresh air and social interaction.  Bowls is a healthy form of outdoor exercise and especially suited for older residents and those who are relatively less mobile.   

 The Council’s Three Rivers Local Strategic Partnership Community Strategy 2018-2023 has the key priority of ensuring that “residents have opportunities to be physically and mentally healthy.”  The Council is therefore committed to “working in partnership to promote access to physical activity opportunities.”

 The Council has for many years helped the Club by subsidising the cost of using the facilities.  However, the Council is now withdrawing All financial support for the Club, which is likely to force the Club to close.  This is therefore directly contrary to the Council’s stated aim and will be especially disadvantageous to the older residents of the area.

 We therefore urge the Council to reconsider and support the Club by providing some ongoing financial support, enabling the Club to exist and thrive and be a source of enjoyment for the whole community for many years to come.

15.  EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC

 

If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-

“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs 1 to 7 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”

(Note:  If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)

1.   OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.

For any enquires on the agenda please email the Committee Team at committeeteam@threerivers.gov.uk