Planning Committee - 27 May 2021 - Watersmeet Theatre
Watersmeet Theatre, High Street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1EH27th May 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held at Watersmeet Theatre, the Auditorium, High Street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1EH on Thursday 27 May 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
18 May 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (one for and one against) will be sent details on the requirements for attending the meeting. Registering 48 hours before the meeting will allow the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting. Owing to the need to make Covid/Health and Safety preparations for the meeting we are not able to accept speaker registrations after 2pm on the day of the meeting (Thursday 27 May 2021).
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Due to Coronavirus restrictions the Council are restricted on the number of people who can attend the meetings in person. To secure one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place. Owing to the need to make Covid/Health and Safety preparations for the meeting we are not able to accept registrations to observe the meeting after 2pm on the day of the meeting (Thursday 27 May 2021).
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 22 April 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 13) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 20/1881/FUL - Demolition of existing buildings for residential development comprising two-storey houses and three-storey blocks of flats (160 dwellings in total), together with car parking, landscaping, and other associated works at Killingdown Farm, Little Green Lane, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 3JJ
6. 21/0317/RSP- Part Retrospective: Demolition of existing ground floor side extension and balcony and replacement with double storey side extension, single storey side and front extension, new porch over front door, landscaping to include a parking space to front of property and associated landscaping works at 4 ARTICHOKE DELL, DOG KENNEL LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5EQ
7. 21/0417/RSP – Part retrospective: Extension to existing patio and additional landscaping works to rear garden at 173 ABBOTS ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0BN
8. 21/0514/ADV: Advertisement Consent: Installation of 1 non-illuminated totem sign; 3 non-illuminated fascia signs to western elevation and non-illuminated fascia signs to southern elevation at TRAVIS PERKINS, CHURCH WHARF, CHURCH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH
9. 21/0542/FUL - Demolition of existing buildings and manege and construction of detached bungalow with associated parking, hardstanding and soft landscaping at Petherick Pastures, Bucks Hill, Sarratt, WD4 9AE
10. 21/0571/FUL - Single-storey rear extension and associated internal alterations and alterations to existing outbuilding to be used as office at 4 SOLESBRIDGE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SN
11. 21/0642/FUL - Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of replacement three storey dwelling and basement level accommodation, raised terrace to rear, front balcony and swimming pool to rear at 45 GALLOWS HILL, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD4 8PG
12. 21/0826/FUL- Single storey side and rear extensions, conversion of garage, alterations to fenestration including bay window and front porch at 18 FOLLETT DRIVE, ABBOTS LANGLEY WD5 0LP
13. 21/0850/PIP – Permission in Principle: Change of use to residential and construction of two single storey houses with associated residential curtilages at CHRISTMAS TREE FARM, DEADMANS ASH LANE, SARRATT, HERTFORDSHIRE
14. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
15. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
A recording of the meeting can be accessed via this link: (Link archived)