Planning Committee - 26 May 2016
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House26th May 2016
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 26 May 2016 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee to be appointed at Annual Council on 17 May 2016.
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
17 May 2016
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 21 April 2016.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of objections and confirmation of The Three Rivers ((11 By The Wood Carpenders Park Watford).) Tree Preservation Order 2016, TPO846.
6. The following applications (agenda items 7 to 15) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
7. 16/0236/FUL: District Council Application: Change of designation of land within cemetery from ‘Woodland burial site’ to traditional cemetery and creation of new car park at WOODCOCK HILL CEMETERY, HAREFIELD ROAD for Three Rivers District Council.
8. 16/0383/FUL – Demolition of existing garages and erection of three new buildings each containing two, two bed flats with associated parking, including additional off road parking; landscaping and construction of bin store at GARAGES AT BROOMFIELD RISE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0HJ for Watford Community Housing Trust.
9. 16/0451/RSP - Retrospective: Installation of solar panels to outbuilding at 85 ST GEORGES DRIVE, CARPENDERS PARK, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 5HE for Mr Richard Hewett
10. 16/0656/RSP - Part Retrospective: Alterations to fenestration detailing at 35 SHIRE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5NP for Mr and Mrs Fairweather
11. 16/0709/FUL-Demolition of existing garage and carport and construction of detached double garage and carport and extension to drive at HALF ACRE, COMMONWOOD, SARRATT, KINGS LANGLEY, WD4 9BB for Mr And Mrs R Joslyn.
12. 16/0721/FUL – Demolition of existing clubhouse building and erection of replacement community building including cafe with public toilets and associated landscaping at YMCA CLUBHOUSE BUILDING, LEAVESDEN COUNTRY PARK NORTH, COLLEGE ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0GU for One YMCA.
13. 16/0728/FUL – First floor side extension at COMMONWOOD COTTAGE, COMMONWOOD, SARRATT, WD4 9BA for Mr and Mrs Hoskin.
14. 16/0841/RSP - Part Retrospective: Two storey front extension; first floor front extension, extension to roof including increase in ridge height; rear dormers; alterations to fenestration; demolition of existing detached garage and alterations to access and to landscaping to provide additional hardstanding at 19 LYNWOOD HEIGHTS, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE for Mr Bob Singh
15. 16/0867/FUL - Single storey rear extension at 268 BALDWINS LANE, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3LG for Mr and Mrs Evans
16. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
17. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.