Planning Committee - 24 March 2022
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House24th March 2022
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 24 March 2022 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
15 March 2022
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public are entitled to speak on an application from the published agenda for the meeting either in support of the application or against. Those who wish to register to speak are asked to advise the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting or can arrive on the night from 7pm. One person can speak in support of the application and one against. Registering 48 hours before the meeting allows the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings. You can request a place as an observer by contacting the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 24 February 2022.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 21/1703/FUL - Demolition of the existing dwelling and detached garage, subdivision of site and construction of two dwellings and associated works at DONKEY GATE, CORAL GABLES, SOLESBRIDGE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SN
6. 21/2337/FUL – Part single-storey, part two-storey rear extensions including loft conversion and insertion of rear dormers at loft level, alterations to front and flank fenestration including insertion of front dormer window at 3 HEATHSIDE CLOSE, MOOR PARK, HA6 2EQ
7. 21/2597/FUL - Demolition of the existing dwelling and construction of replacement two storey dwelling with loft accommodation served by rear dormer window at 32 CROFTERS ROAD, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3ED
8. 21/2628/FUL - Demolition of the existing garage and conservatory, erection of two storey front extension and front porch, part single, part two storey side and rear extensions, loft conversion including increase in ridge height served by front, side and rear rooflights and alterations to fenestration at 14 WESTBURY ROAD, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3BT
9. 21/2675/FUL – Retrospective: Erection of single storey garden outbuilding at 4 WATERFIELD, HERONSGATE, WD3 5BS
10. 21/2772/FUL - Variation of Conditions 1 (Approved Plans), 2 (Landscaping (Permanent Access), 3 (Landscape Management Plan), 4 (Habitat Management Plan), 7 (SuDS Maintenance (On Site Works), 8 (SuDS Maintenance (Off Site Works), 9 (Boundary Treatments), 10 (Car Park Management Plan), 11 (Access), 12 (Travel Plan) and 14 (Delivery and Servicing Plan) of planning permission 21/1890/FUL to provide a permanent access from Uxbridge Road at THE REACH FREE SCHOOL, LONG LANE, MILL END, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 8AB
11. 21/2860/RSP: Part-retrospective: Ground and lower ground floor side and rear extension, loft conversion including insertion of rear dormer window, front rooflights, alterations to fenestration, rendering of property and extensions to softcast render, alterations to existing rear terrace, new external rear stairs to garden level and new raised planters at 23 COPTHORNE ROAD, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4AB
12. 21/2901/FUL: Demolition of existing structure and construction of ground floor and lower ground floor rear extension with raised platform to rear at 181 ABBOTS ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0BN
13. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
14. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org