Planning Committee - 24 June 2021
Watersmeet Theatre, High street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1EH24th June 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held at Watersmeet Theatre, the Auditorium, High Street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1EH on Thursday 24 June 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
15 June 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (one for and one against) will be sent details on the requirements for attending the meeting. Registering 48 hours before the meeting will allow the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Due to Coronavirus restrictions the Council are restricted on the number of people who can attend the meetings in person. To secure one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 27 May 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 11) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 19/0646/OUT: Outline Application: Construction of new Motorway Service Area (MSA) to comprise: amenity building, 80 bedroom lodge, drive-thru coffee unit, fuel filling station with retail shop, together with associated car, coach, motorcycle, caravan, HGV and abnormal load parking, alterations to the A41 including construction of a new roundabout and vehicular access, works to the local highway network and at Junction 20 of the M25 motorway. Provision of landscaping, signage, infrastructure and ancillary works. (Outline Application accompanied by an Environmental Statement with matters of Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale reserved) at Land South of Junction 20 of M25 and West Of A41 WATFORD ROAD, HUNTON BRIDGE, HERTFORDSHIRE
6. 21/0392/FUL: Demolition of existing garage/store and construction of single storey side extension at 2 WINTON CRESCENT, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3QX
7. 21/0540/RSP- Part Retrospective: Demolition of existing five bedroom dwelling and construction of two five-bedroom detached dwellings including basement, bin stores to front, associated works and alterations to access arrangements to VIVIKT, CHORLEYWOOD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4EP
8. 21/0832/FUL - Single storey front, side and rear extensions and first floor extension including increase in ridge height to create two storey dwelling and provision of render at THE CONIFERS, SOLESBRIDGE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SW
9. 21/1048/FUL - Part two-storey, part single-storey rear extension, first floor side extension, roof alterations to include a rear dormer window at 31 LEWES WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3SW
10. 21/1118/RSP – Part Retrospective: Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of planning permission 19/0622/FUL: (First floor side extensions and two storey rear extensions) to amend plans to include reduction in depth of first floor rear extension, alterations to width, alterations to fenestration and regularisation of the site boundaries at ABBOTSFORD, WOODSIDE WALK, NORTHWOOD
11. 21/1170/FUL: Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of planning permission 20/1748/FUL: (District Council Application: Demolition of existing two storey office building, two storey stacked portable cabins, and existing single storey sheds and stores, and the construction of a replacement single storey office building with meeting space and ancillary facilities to east of site. Alterations to car and lorry parking). Variation to increase height of building at BATCHWORTH DEPOT, HAREFIELD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1LU
12. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
A recording of the meeting can be accessed via this link
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com