Planning Committee - 23 March 2017
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House23rd March 2017
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 23 March 2017 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Ann Shaw OBE
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
14 March 2017
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 23 February 2017.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. The following applications (agenda items 6 to 15) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
6. 16/2076/OUT Outline Application: Erection of up to 100 new residential dwellings (appearance, landscaping, scale and layout reserved), at LAND AT FAIRWAYS FARM, INCLUDING 67 AND 69 BUCKNALLS LANE, GARSTON, WATFORD, HERTS, WD25 9NE for Bucknalls Development Ltd.
7. 16/2516/FUL – Part conversion, part demolition and construction of new buildings to create four dwellings with associated access, parking and landscaping at BULLSLAND FARM, BULLSLAND LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5BG for Mr S Hayes
16/2517/LBC – Listed Building Consent: Part conversion, part demolition and construction of new buildings to create four dwellings with associated access, parking and landscaping at BULLSLAND FARM, BULLSLAND LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5BG for Mr S Hayes
8. 16/2673/FUL - Variation of Conditions 2 (Approved Plans), 7 (Vehicular Access) and 8 (Access and Parking) of planning permission 16/1398/FUL to amend undercroft car parking layout, include single storey cycle/plant building and increase the height of approved buildings, at FORMER GAS WORKS, WHARF LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1HA for St William Homes LLP
9. 16/2683/FUL - Demolition of Public House and erection of one three-storey and one two-storey residential block, comprising a total of 33 flats with associated parking and landscaping, at THE GRAPEVINE PUBLIC HOUSE, PRESTWICK ROAD, SOUTH OXHEY, WD19 6XY, for Watford Community Housing Trust
APPLICATION A: 17/0046/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of 2 x 3 storey office buildings (Units 3 and 4 Wolsey Business Park). Construction of replacement building to include office (Class B1) and residential use (274 apartments) with associated facilities and underground parking for 661 cars (all matters reserved)
APPLICATION B: 17/0015/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of 2 x 3 storey office buildings (Units 3 and 4 Wolsey Business Park). Construction of replacement buildings to include office (Class B1) and residential use (332 apartments) with associated facilities and underground parking for 851 cars (all matters reserved)
APPLICATION C: 16/2735/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of 2 x 3 storey office buildings (Units 3 and 4 Wolsey Business Park). Construction of replacement buildings to include office (Class B1) and residential use (403 apartments) with associated facilities and underground parking for 943 cars (all matters reserved)
APPLICATION D: 16/2709/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of 2 x 3 storey office buildings (Units 3 and 4 Wolsey Business Park). Construction of replacement buildings to include office (Class B1) and residential use (416 apartments) with associated facilities and underground parking for 943 cars (all matters reserved)
at SYMBIO POINT UNITS 3 & 4 WOLSEY BUSINESS PARK, TOLPITS LANE, WATFORD, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD18 9BL, for RSquare Properties Ltd
11. 16/2753/FUL – Demolition of existing bungalow and construction of two pairs of semi-detached dwellings including accommodation in roofspace and ancillary works including alterations to land levels and associated parking and landscaping at HARADWAITH, HOMEFIELD ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5QJ for Mr Ford
12. 17/0047/FUL - Demolition of garages and erection of 2 detached houses, addition of 2 flats to the top floor of the existing flat block and refurbishment of the existing flat block with associated works to landscape, access, parking and service arrangements at THE LIMES, 9 EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LB for Mrs Keegan
13. 17/0048/FUL: Construction of rear canopy; removal of existing terrace and construction of replacement access steps; landscaping alterations to create level seating area and erection of boundary wall at THE CAFÉ IN THE PARK, THE AQUADROME, FROGMOOR LANE, RICKMANSWORTH for Mr & Mrs Trisk-Grove.
14. 17/0061/FUL - Temporary planning permission for 24 car parking spaces at land at Fairfield Avenue, at GRASS VERGE, FAIRFIELD AVENUE, SOUTH OXHEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, for Countryside Properties PLC
15. 17/0192/FUL - Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a single storey industrial building to provide builder’s merchant (sui generis) including plant and tool hire and outside display and storage (including racking system); erection of a part three, part four storey 92 bed hotel (Class C1); associated alterations to car parking; closure of existing access and construction of new access to roundabout; installation of electricity sub-station; refuse storage area for boaters; and associated landscaping, means of enclosure and associated works at CHURCH WHARF, CHURCH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1JB for H20 URBAN (no.2) LLP
16. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
17. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 201