Planning Committee - 21 March 2019
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House21st March 2019
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 21 March 2019 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
12 March 2019
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 14 February 2019.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
- Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 18/2163/FUL: Partial demolition of existing dwelling and erection of two storey and single storey rear extension, loft conversion including increase in ridge height, extension to basement and alterations to fenestration detail at 6 ASTONS ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2LD
6. 18/2189/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of offices and erection of new development of 33 flats with underground parking (matters of appearance, landscaping and scale reserved) at SCOTSBRIDGE HOUSE, SCOTS HILL, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3BB
7. 18/2418/RSP – Retrospective: Conversion of a dwellinghouse into two self-contained flats at 19 LYNWOOD HEIGHTS, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4ED
8. 18/2444/FUL – Front porch; single storey rear extension; single storey side extension and conversion of garage to habitable accommodation; roof extension; subdivision of site and creation of semi-detached two storey dwelling with associated parking and landscaping and relocation of existing vehicular access to serve both dwellings at 1A LINKS WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3RG
9. 19/0035/RSP – Part Retrospective: Construction of a raised patio to side and rear, boundary treatment, and landscaping at 94 GREENFIELD AVENUE, CARPENDERS PARK, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 5DQ
10. 19/0140/ADV: Installation of two fascia signs, one projecting sign, one set of individual letters, poster cases and associated lighting at DRUIDS, 205 HIGH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1BB
11. 19/0153/FUL: Single storey front and side extension at 225 PRESTWICK ROAD, SOUTH OXHEY, WD19 6EJ
12. 19/0357/ADV – Advertisement Consent: Erection of eight non-illuminated signs at LEAVESDEN COUNTRY PARK, COLLEGE ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE WD5 0GU
13. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
14. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org