Planning Committee - 18 November 2021
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House18th November 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a Planning Committee meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 18 November 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
9 November 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Details on the procedure for speaking and attending meetings are available from the Committee Team by emailing the Team at: email@example.com
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 21 October 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest. Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 10) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 21/1703/FUL - Demolition of the existing dwelling and detached garage, subdivision of site and construction of two dwellings and associated works at DONKEY GATE, CORAL GABLES, SOLESBRIDGE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SN
plans-125.pdf (pdf) photos-1 photos-2
6. 21/1822/FUL: Two storey rear extension, loft conversion with replacement roof including rear dormers and rooflights and extension to hardstanding to frontage at 51 ST MARYS AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, HERTS HA6 3AY
7. 21/2244/FUL Single storey rear extension and alterations to fenestration at 5 THE SHIRES, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD25 OJL
8. 21/2253/FUL – First floor front extension and front porch at 71A TROWLEY RISE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0LN
9. 21/2319/FUL: Single storey side extension and removal of rear conservatory at 1 OLD BARN MEWS, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTS, WD3 3AH
10. 21/2347/RSP – Retrospective: Installation of sliding doors and railings to ground floor front elevation at SHOP 4 WALPOLE BUILDING, CHURCH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1BU
11. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above12. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
11A. 21/2343/RSP - Retrospective: Erection of two temporary buildings for a period of twenty-four months (2 years) at TENNIS COURTS, MAPLE CROSS RECREATION GROUND, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTFORDSHIRE
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- • Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org