Planning Committee - 18 March 2021
Virtual meeting with remote access18th March 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a virtual/remote meeting to be held on Thursday 18 March 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Lloyd (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
9 March 2021
“The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 enable Council/Committee meetings to be held in a virtual format and enables remote attendance.
The meeting will start at 7.00pm and will be virtual/remote, in that they will be conducted at no specific location and all participants are at various locations, communicating via audio and online.
The Council welcomes contributions from Members of the public to its discussion on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Committee. Details of the procedure are provided below:
Members of the public wishing to speak will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the remote meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (1 for and 1 against) will be sent a link so that they can join the meeting to exercise that right. This will also allow the Committee Team to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the remote meeting to forward to the Chair of the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part 1 business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council's meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
Please note that the meeting is being held virtually. The business of the meeting will be live streamed at –
The Planning Committee virtual meeting protocol can be viewed below:
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 25 February 2021 and the Recovened Planning Committee meeting held on 4 March 2021.
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
- 20/2306/FUL: First floor side and single storey rear extension, conversion of garage and single storey side extension to form a garage and extension of residential curtilage (change of use of amenity land to land forming part of residential planning unit) via re-positioning of fencing at 2 ARUNDEL ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0TP
- 20/2603/FUL - Variation of Condition 11 (Agricultural Occupation) of planning permission 17/2169/FUL to amend wording of the condition to as follows: 'The occupation of the dwelling shall be limited to a person solely or mainly working, or last working, in the locality in agriculture or in forestry, or a widow or widower of such a person, and to any resident dependants at THE MULBERRY BUSH, FARM DAWES LANE, SARRATT, WD3 6BQ
- 20/2698/FUL – Construction of outbuilding at 32 BEDFORD ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2AZ
- 20/2807/AOD - Approval of Details: Details pursuant to Condition 1 of Planning Permission 20/1677/FUL comprising layout, scale, appearance and landscaping of the Care Home phase including associated infrastructure such as access routes and drainage and demolition of existing vacant buildings, at Former LITTLE FURZE JUNIOR MIXED INFANTS SCHOOL, GOSFORTH LANE, SOUTH OXHEY.
- 21/0203/FUL – Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of a two storey detached dwelling with front and rear projections and accommodation in the roof space at 17 HILL RISE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 7NY
- 21/0213/FUL - Increase in ridge height and alterations to fenestration detail at 51 TIBBS HILL, ABBOTS LANGLEY WD5 0EE
- 21/0244/FUL - Erection of garden outbuilding and shed at ROWAN COTTAGE, WHITEGATES CLOSE, CROXLEY GREEN WD3 3JY
This application has been deferred.
- OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com