Planning Committee - 17 October 2019
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House17th October 2019
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth on Thursday 17 October 2019 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Keith Martin (Vice-Chairman)
David Hill, Interim Chief Executive
8 October 2019
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 12 September 2019.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote.
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 11) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 19/1180/FUL - Demolition of detached bungalow and garage and erection of a terrace of 4 x 4 bed two storey dwellings with accommodation in the roof space, modified vehicular access, forecourt parking, refuse and cycle storage and amenity space at AVIEMORE, 65 LOWER ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5LA
6. 19/1331/FUL - Demolition of Grove Court and the construction of 43 apartments, 21 x 1-bedroom and 22 x 2-bedroom units, associated parking and landscaping, internal cycle storage and refuse/recycle bin store and shared access at 40-92 GROVE COURT, GROVE CRESCENT, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3JU
7. 19/1473/FUL - Removal of Condition 4 (External lighting details) and Condition 9 (removal of permitted development rights) pursuant to planning permission 18/2118/RSP (Two storey side and rear extension, part single part two storey front extension including creation of gable and increase in height, conversion of garage to habitable space and loft conversion including extension to roof and rear dormer, insertion of rooflights and new external materials) at 20 CHESTNUT AVENUE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4HB
8. 19/1557/FUL: Demolition of existing two storey office building, two storey stacked portable cabins, and existing single storey sheds and stores, and the construction of a replacement two storey office building to east of site. Alterations to car and lorry parking, at BATCHWORTH DEPOT, HAREFIELD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1LU
9. 19/1626/FUL - Change of use of former stables and farm office into a self-contained dwelling including associated parking and landscaping at CALLIPERS HALL FARM, QUICKMOOR LANE, SARRATT, WD4 9BP
10. 19/1677/RSP – Retrospective: Addition of obscure glazed window to bathroom and doors to undercroft storage in flank elevation at MAPESBURY, SANDY LANE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3HA
11. 19/1691/RSP - Part Retrospective: Construction of detached building at 23 LEWES WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 3SN
12. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org