Planning Committee - 16 December 2021
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House16th December 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 16 December 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
7 December 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the meeting. Those who wish to register to speak are asked to notify the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (one for and one against) will be sent details for attending the meeting. Registering 48 hours before the meeting allows the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
The Council have a limit on the number of people who can attend the meetings in person. To request one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 18 November 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 14) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 21/1190/FUL – Construction of a single storey front and rear extension, part two storey front, side and rear extension including Juliet balcony to principal elevation, fenestration alterations at 24 SHERFIELD AVENUE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 1NL
6. 21/1579/FUL – Two-storey side extension, two-storey rear extensions including insertion of rear rooflights at loft level, construction of lower ground floor level, alterations to fenestration, and increase to front hardstanding at 11 RUSSELL ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2LJ
7. 21/1703/FUL - Demolition of the existing dwelling and detached garage, subdivision of site and construction of two dwellings and associated works at DONKEY GATE, CORAL GABLES, SOLESBRIDGE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SN
8. 21/2090/FUL: Demolition of a pair of semi-detached buildings and erection of two pairs of three storey semi-detached dwellings to accommodate 4x3 bedroom dwellings with associated alterations to vehicular access and provision of landscaping and parking at 165-167 HAMPERMILL LANE, OXHEY HALL, Herts
9. 21/2153/FUL - Partial demolition of the existing dwelling and erection of part single, part two-storey side and rear extensions with loft conversion and alterations to vehicular access and driveway and repositioning of gates and walls to frontage at 13 HEATHSIDE ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2EE
10. 21/2243/FUL - Single storey side extension to an existing outbuilding (Rangers unit) to include a larger seating area and a disability accessible toilet at CHORLEYWOOD LAWN CEMETERY, LADY ELLA DRIVE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5TL
11. 21/2247/FUL – First floor front and rear extensions, loft conversion including increase in ridge height, dormer windows and rooflights, construction of front porch, alterations to external materials and alterations to fenestration at CRESTYL, DIMMOCKS LANE, SARRATT, WD3 6AR
12. 21/2345/FUL: Part single-storey, part two-storey side and rear extensions, rear juliet balcony, hip-to-gable roof extension and insertion of front rooflights at 65 Links Way, Croxley Green, WD3 3RH
13. 21/2383/FUL - Single storey side and rear extension, insertion of new rooflights, smooth white render, alterations to front door and external patio works at 90 KENILWORTH DRIVE, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3NW
14. 21/2446/FUL: Loft conversion including side dormer window and rooflights at 23 Lewes Way, Croxley Green, WD2 3SN
Application withdrawn from the agenda to be returned to a future meeting
15. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
16. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org