Planning Committee - 15 November 2018
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House15th November 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 15 November 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
6 November 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 18 October 2018.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
- Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 7 to 18) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. Consideration of objections and confirmation of the Three Rivers (91 TUDOR WAY, RICKMANSWORTH) Tree Preservation Order 2018 – TPO890
6. Consideration of objections and confirmation of the Three Rivers (THE OLD BUTCHERS SHOP, THE GREEN, SARRATT) Tree Preservation Order 2018 TPO892
7. 18/1313/FUL – Variation of condition 10 (Affordable Housing) pursuant to outline planning permission 16/2076/OUT: To vary the tenure and tenure split of the affordable housing provision at FAIRWAYS FARM, BUCKNALLS LANE, GARSTON, WD25 9NE
8. 18/1381/FUL – Demolition of existing building and redevelopment to provide a total of 10 self-contained apartments within a three storey building including accommodation in roof space and basement car parking, a revised vehicular access, landscaping and associated development at 36 EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LN
9. 18/1497/FUL: Single storey front extension and two storey and single storey rear extension at 5 GROVE FARM PARK, NORTHWOOD, HA6 2BQ
10. 18/1614/FUL- Change of use from phone box to use as notice board for community organisations at RED K6 KIOSK, 44 CHURCH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1JE
18/1615/LBC- Listed Building Consent: Change of use from phone box to use as notice board for local organisations at RED K6 KIOSK, 44 CHURCH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1JE
11. 18/1680/FUL – Demolition of existing garage and construction of single storey and two storey front, side and rear extensions, first floor rear extension and alterations to roof to include increase in ridge height at 23 LEWES WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3SN.
12. 18/1758/RSP - Roof alterations including hip to gable roof extensions, provision of rear dormer window and front rooflights at 156 Greenfield Avenue, Carpenders Park, WD19 5DQ
13. 18/1769/FUL – Erection of 28 residential units, together with car parking, open space, landscaping and new vehicular and pedestrian access from Railway Terrace at LAND ADJACENT LAKEVIEW, RAILWAY TERRACE, KINGS LANGLEY, HERTS
14. 18/1806/FUL - Single and two storey extension to existing leisure centre with associated works, extended car park and installation of new vehicular access and substation at The Centre, Gosforth Lane, South Oxhey, WD19 7AX
15. 18/1938/FUL – Demolition of dwellinghouse and construction of three storey building consisting of five residential flats with balconies and associated refuse, recycling, access, cycle and car parking facilities at EASTBURY CORNER, 13 EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3LE
16. 18/1947/FUL - Conversion of garage into habitable accommodation at 12 CAREW WAY, CARPENDERS PARK, WD19 5BG
17. 18/1996/FUL - Construction of a new skate park at PLAY AREA, MANOR HOUSE RECREATION GROUND, GALLOWS HILL LANE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE
18. 18/2040/FUL - Variation of Conditions 2 (Approved Plans), 8 (Permanent Access) and 32 (Construction Management Plan) and removal of Condition 11 (Temporary School Structures) of planning permission 17/2204/FUL to enable the construction of a permanent access prior to the first occupation of the school and the implementation of a temporary construction access from BALDWINS LANE AT LAND NORTH EAST OF BALDWINS LANE CROXLEY GREEN, HERTFORDSHIRE
19. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
20. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015