Planning Committee - 15 July 2021
Watersmeet Theatre, High street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1EH15th July 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held at Watersmeet Theatre, the Auditorium, High Street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1EH on Thursday 15 July 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
6 July 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (one for and one against) will be sent details on the requirements for attending the meeting. Registering 48 hours before the meeting will allow the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
We are not able to take any requests to attend the meeting after 5pm on the day of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Due to Coronavirus restrictions the Council are restricted on the number of people who can attend the meetings in person. To secure one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 24 June 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 10) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 21/0531/FUL: Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of planning permission 20/2046/FUL: (Alterations to existing two storey side extension, erection of single storey extensions including glazed link, reinstatement of external elevated walkway and change to the roof form on The Windmill and the demolition of existing outbuildings and construction of new outbuilding and patio areas) to include rear garage roof canopy with open sided area, alterations to roof of staircase link, alterations to rooflights and addition of chimney at The Windmill, 34 Windmill Drive, Croxley Green, WD3 3FD
21/0532/LBC: Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of Listed Building Consent 20/2047/LBC: (Listed Building Consent: Alterations to existing two storey side extension, erection of single storey extensions including glazed link, reinstatement of external elevated walkway and change to the roof form on The Windmill and the demolition of existing outbuildings and construction of new outbuilding and patio areas) to include rear garage roof canopy with open sided area, alterations to roof of staircase link, alterations to rooflights and addition of chimney at The Windmill, 34 Windmill Drive, Croxley Green, WD3 3FD
6. 21/1010/RSP – Part Retrospective: Single storey rear extension and alterations to roof form of existing rear extension at 2C TROWLEY RISE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0LW
7. 21/1064/FUL - Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of five detached dwellings with associated access and landscaping at 78 GALLOWS HILL LANE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 OBY
8. 21/1113/FUL - Variation of Condition 2 (Plan Numbers) of application 18/0681/FUL (Roof alterations including part increase in ridge height; part two storey, part single storey rear extension; insertion of rear dormer and creation of lower ground floor level, and insertion of raised terrace and balcony to rear) to alter fenestration detail to align and changes to elevations and replacement of existing chimneys at 31 ASTONS ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2LB
9. 21/1368/FUL - Subdivision of site and construction of detached bungalow at 27 GABLE CLOSE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTS, WD5 0LD
10. 21/1395/RSP – Part retrospective: Extension to existing raised patio and additional landscaping works to rear garden at 173 ABBOTS ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0BN
11. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
12. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com