Planning Committee - 13 September 2018
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House12th September 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 13 September 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
4 September 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 16 August 2018.
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 16) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
9. 18/1359/FUL - Enlargement of three dormer windows to front roofslope, addition of dormers to both flank elevations and internal changes to loft layout at DINKY DOT, 20 ASTONS ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2LD
10. 18/1364/FUL - Part single, part two storey rear extension, loft conversion including hip-to-gable extension, rear dormer and front rooflights and change of use of dwelling (Class C3) to six bedroom House of Multiple Occupation (Class C4) with parking to rear at 304 WATFORD ROAD, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 3DE
11. 18/1376/FUL- Change of use of existing building from Office (Use Class B1) to 24 hour gym (Use Class D2) at UNIT 4 WOLSEY BUSINESS PARK, TOLPITS LANE, WATFORD, WD18 9BL
12. 18/1503/FUL - Demolition of existing porch and relocation of entrance porch to include disability accessible ramp at CHORLEYWOOD PARISH COUNCIL, SOUTH LODGE, RICKMANSWORTH ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SL
13. 18/1508/FUL - Erection of a detached two storey building with rooms in the roof served by dormers and rooflights to provide Bed and Breakfast accommodation (Use Class C1) including eight rooms with associated parking and landscaping at ROSE AND CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE, OLD COMMON ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5LW
14. 18/1537/FUL - Loft conversion including hip to gable extension, insertion of dormers to front and rear, front rooflight and alterations to fenestration at 11 BATEMAN ROAD, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3BL
15. 18/1540/FUL - Single and two storey side extension, single storey extension to porch, conversion of garage into habitable accommodation and extension to raised patio to rear at RYLSTONE COTTAGE, 10 HADDON ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5AN
16. 18/1569/FUL - Single storey side and rear extension, extension to covered area to front, replacement roof including increased ridge height and insertion of clock tower within pitched roof at CHORLEYWOOD CRICKET CLUB, CHORLEYWOOD COMMON, RICKMANSWORTH ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5SL
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015