Planning Committee - 12 August 2021
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL12th August 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 12 August 2021 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
3 August 2021
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must notify the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (one for and one against) will be sent details for attending the meeting. Registering 48 hours before the meeting will allow the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
The Council are limited on the number of people who can attend the meetings in person. To request one of the limited places as an observer, please contact the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
A protocol for attending Committee meetings is available to read here
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 15 July 2021.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 14) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 21/0901/FUL - Single storey rear extension and roof extensions to create first floor level accommodation including rear gable and dormer windows at 75 QUICKLEY LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5AE
6. 21/1186/FUL – Demolition of existing bungalow and construction of 2 two storey semi-detached dwellings with associated access and landscaping at HAZLEMERE, 42 QUICKLEY LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5AF
7. 21/1194/FUL - Conversion of existing dwellinghouse to two self-contained dwelling units at 48 ALTHAM GARDENS, SOUTH OXHEY, WD19 6HJ
8. 21/1256/FUL - Erection of rear dormer with additional rooflights to front roofslope at 170 HIGHFIELD WAY, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 7PJ
9. 21/1300/FUL- Erection of three outbuildings to the rear garden, new front gate and boundary treatment at THE WALNUT ORCHARD, CHENIES ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5LY
10. 21/1311/FUL - Erection of temporary building for a period of twenty-four months (2 years) at TENNIS COURTS, MAPLE CROSS RECREATION GROUND, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTFORDSHIRE
11. 21/1346/FUL - Landscaping work to front garden including reduction in land levels and retaining wall to accommodate new parking space and new stepped and ramped access at 112 WHITELANDS AVENUE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5RG
12. 21/1395/RSP – Part retrospective: Extension to existing raised patio and additional landscaping works to rear garden at 173 ABBOTS ROAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0BN
13. 21/1472/RSP - Retrospective: Continued use of ground floor for training and counselling accommodation for charitable and not-for-profit organisations at HILLSIDE COMMUNITY HUB, 4 SCHOOL MEAD, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD4 OLB
14. 21/1508/FUL – First floor extension to create two storey dwelling including increase in ridge height, single storey rear extension, front porch, insulated render cladding, alterations to fenestration and associated landscape works including excavation, extension to drive and installation of retaining walls to front and rear at 112 WHITELANDS AVENUE, CHORLEYWOOD, WD3 5RG
15. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
16. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org