Audit Committee - 26 March 2019
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House26th March 2019
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Tuesday 26 March 2019 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Audit Committee:-
Keith Martin (Chairman)
Sarah Nelmes (Vice Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
18 March 2019
The Audit Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the Audit Committee Meeting held on 4 December 2018.
- NOTICE OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced,
together with special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
- EXTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT (Verbal)
This report summarises the results of the External Auditor’s work on Three Rivers District Council’s 2017-18 housing benefits claim.
- EXTERNAL AUDITOR AUDIT PLAN 2019/20
This report allows the Committee to note and ask questions of the external auditor (Ernst & Young).
- ACCOUNTING POLICIES 2018/19
This report is to highlight several changes proposed to accounting policies for the 2018/19 accounts, driven by the adoption of two new standards
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments
- IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- SIAS INTERNAL AUDIT PLANS 2019/20
This report provides Members with the proposed Three Rivers District Council and Shared Services 2019/20 Internal Audit Plans.
- INTERNAL AUDIT PROGRESS REPORT
This report details:
- Progress made by the Shared Internal Audit Service (SIAS) in delivering the Council’s annual audit plan for 2018/19 as at 8 March 2019.
- Proposed amendments to the approved 2018/19 Annual Audit Plan.
- Implementation status of all previously agreed audit recommendations from 2016/17 onwards.
- An update on performance management information as at 8 March 2019.
10. FINANCIAL AND BUDGETARY RISKS
This report advises the Committee on the latest position in respect of the evaluation of financial risks facing the Council for discussion and any recommendations/ comments they wish to make.
- COMMITTEE’S WORK PROGRAMME
To review and make necessary changes to the Audit Committee’s Work Programme
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
If any confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional item(s) and a resolution to be passed in the following terms
“that under Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under the respective paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act”.
- OTHER BUSINESS – if approved under item 3 above
General Enquiries: Please contact the Customer Services Centre, Tel: 01923 776611