New Local Plan
07th July 2021
Three Rivers Local Plan: Local Plan Regulation 18 Preferred Policy Options and Sites for Potential Allocation Consultation Documents
The consultation runs from 11 June 2021 to 20 August 2021.
Three Rivers District Council is preparing a new Local Plan that will set out a vision and policy framework for the future levels of growth within the District up until 2038. The Local Plan Regulation 18 consultation is presented in two parts:
- Part 1: Preferred Policy Options – A vision and objectives for the Plan Area and detailed policies for determining development proposals
- Part 2: Sites for Potential Allocation – This sets out the potential sites where development could take place, how much development could take place and when.
The Local Plan Regulation 18 Preferred Policy Options and Sites for Potential Allocation Consultation Documents can be downloaded from the links below:
- Part 1: Preferred Policy Options (pdf)
- Part 2: Sites for Potential Allocation (pdf)
- Appendix 1 Indicative Housing Delivery Trajectory (pdf)
- Appendix 2 Sites not taken forward (pdf)
- Appendix 3 Existing Employment Allocations (pdf)
- Appendix 4 Schedule of Proposed & Retained Public Open Space Allocations (pdf)
- Appendix 5 Map of Proposed & Retained Public Open Space Allocations (pdf)
- Appendix 6a Map of Existing & Potential Sites for Allocation – North West (pdf)
- Appendix 6b Map of Existing & Potential Sites for Allocation – North East (pdf)
- Appendix 6c Map of Existing & Potential Sites for Allocation – South West (pdf)
- Appendix 6d Map of Existing & Potential Sites for Allocation – South East (pdf)
The PDF maps comprising Appendix 6a – Appendix 6d can be viewed on the following interactive online map: http://www.planvu.co.uk/trdc/localplanconsultation2021
Your views submitted as part of this consultation will help inform the next stage and ultimately the document to be submitted to the Secretary of State.
How to respond:
Our preferred way for you to respond to is through the online consultation portal. The consultation portal for Part 1 and Part 2 of the consultation can be accessed using the links below:
- Part 1: Preferred Policy Options - Preferred Policy Options Consultation
- Part 2: Sites for Potential Allocation – Sites for Potential Allocation Consultation
Alternatively, you can respond to the Local Plan Regulation 18 Preferred Policy Options and Sites for Potential Allocation Consultation by:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing to: Economic & Sustainable Development , Three Rivers District Council, Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL.
An Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report (June 2021) has been produced to accompany the Regulation 18 Local Plan Preferred Policy Options and Sites for Potential Allocation Consultation. The documents comprising the Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report can be downloaded below.
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report (June 2021) (pdf)
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendices (June 2021) (pdf)
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Report Non-Technical Summary (June 2021) (pdf)
The Local Plan evidence base studies which have been completed so far can be viewed here: https://www.threerivers.gov.uk/egcl-page/new-local-plan-evidence-base.
Further information on the Local Plan:
A full list of previous consultations to date can be found below.
The indicative timetable for the new Local Plan is as follows:
- Additional Regulation 18 Consultation – June/July 2021
- Publication stage – November/December 2021
- Submission stage – August/September 2022
- Examination – Late 2022/Early 2023
- Adoption – Summer 2023
If you wish to be notified by the Local Planning Authority about future consultations on the new Local Plan, please respond in writing in one of the following ways:
By email to: email@example.com
By post to: Economic & Sustainable Development
Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers House
Potential Sites Consultation Documents (26 October - 21 December 2018)
As a result of the Potential Sites Consultation a further 27 sites were submitted and can be viewed here: Additional Sites Document (pdf)
The Sustainability Appraisal Working Note was updated following the Potential Sites Consultation and can be viewed here: Sustainability Appraisal Working Note (July 2019) (pdf)
Local Plan Issues & Options and Call for Sites Public Consultation (Regulation 18) 28 July – 8 September 2017 and an additional Call for Sites consultation 30 July – 20 August 2018.
The Issues & Options and Call for Sites Consultation Document identified some of the issues and challenges facing the District and the possible options that could help to address them.
We sought views on the content of the document and how best to balance the delivery of growth across the District, in order to meet the future needs of the community, whilst at the same time protecting the District’s historic and natural environment. The responses received on these issues will help to influence the subsequent drafting of the new Local Plan.
Alongside this consultation, and again in 2018, we invited land owners, agents and developers to submit new sites that could be developed to meet future demand for homes and jobs.
We also consulted on the Sustainability Appraisal which assessed the options being put forward against a range of social, environmental and economic factors which is also downloadable below.
Our consultants TRL prepared a Scoping Report, which sets the framework for the future Strategic Environmental Appraisal (SEA) and Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the new Local Plan. The SEA/SA process seeks to ensure that we take account of all appropriate social, economic and environmental considerations when drawing up our new Local Plan.
Consultation on this draft Scoping Report was carried out earlier in 2017 in accordance with the SEA Directive and the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004. Key consultees were contacted directly and asked for feedback on this report. Following this consultation the Scoping Report was updated to take account of responses from stakeholders and also to update some of the baseline information.
To view the Scoping Report, please click on the following link:
Sign up for email updates from Three Rivers District Council
Please enter your contact information below.